View Poll Results: Will you contribute this telethon?

Voters
247. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I just made a donation

175 70.85%
  • Yes, I will make a donation soon

52 21.05%
  • No, but I have donated before

9 3.64%
  • No, I wont be donating during this fundraiser

13 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
  1.    #221  
    $3,995
    $55 donated for all the help from WebOS Internals!

Here's an idea for not only this webethon, but for ongoing future support:

Every time you download new or updates from Preware, send at least a $1 donation to WebOS Internals. Who'll join the pledge to do this?
    I see pandas.
    Today should have helped somewhat in this effort.
    hey, if you add up both telethons it's, and I quote: "OVER 9000!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    hey, if you add up both telethons it's, and I quote: "OVER 9000!!!"
    Actually, it looks to be over 10000 from both telethons.

And to those why say that today should have helped it.. It definitely helped them a bit, but don't expect it to knock down the asking price too much...

They got probably 2 or 3 units:

1) Rod
    2) Brandon (oil on the forums)
    3) I think at least 1 more webOS Internals member was there

That removes $1000 to $1500 (maybe a bit more) from the asking goal. They still have a ways to go, but I expect the PalmPad is at least several months away (based on what was said today saying that Early Access should get Enyo and info on the tablets "early 2011" which to me says the slates are at least 3 months away).

With another $1000 I think they will have met their goal for the Pre2... I say I think because I don't know how many of those webOS Internals members are in the US and are eligible for the $250 North American Pre2 from HP (after $200 discount).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    $20

Thank you for the great work.

Grant
  7.    #227  
    $3,470 and climbing
  8.    #228  
    time for some good sunday giving!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    $3,470 and climbing
    I think you missed something there... we should be over 4k.
    $3,470 and climbing
    did someone request their money back?
    I think it should be $4070.

To make it easier, maybe every time someone donates, they can also post the latest total. I think that's how we did it in the last telethon and it worked pretty well.
  12.    #232  
    sorry about the typo, that's what happens when I post while I'm in church...

$4,070 is correct.
  13.    #233  
    morning bump. Now that the NYC dev day is over, lets pump up the momentum before everyonr starts their holiday shopping!
    morning bump. Now that the NYC dev day is over, lets pump up the momentum before everyonr starts their holiday shopping!
    Yes!!! Let's keep it going!!!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I just added $25 more to my previous donation.

A prior Pre minus owner.
    A current HTC EVO owner (because replacement Pre's were out of stock at Best Buy).
    Waiting for CES 2011.
    Add $50
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
  17.    #237  
    thanks all! Great progress.

$4,145
    thanks all! Great progress.

$4,145
    This is amazing.. I was watching the palm developer day videos, and I realized how smart palm was. They realized homebrew would happen regardless of their stance, so they decided to embrace it, and keep it legal. Internals does their part by following the rules, and in return can get palms support. The users here appreciate it, since it all "just works" (legally), and show their support by supporting palm, and sending in donations to internals.

I know, I know, ratio of downloads to donations isn't =, but theres a few things that have got to be said. 1: I've personally downloaded preware like 10 times, due to issues, and phone changes. 2. Look at angry birds download count (Best selling game), and one of the top downloaded free apps. Free stuff always gets more hits. I think the donations have been great, and predict much more in the near future.

Amazing devs, smart company, and a fairly generous appreciative fanbase.

(ps: I'd recently given a few donations when this started, so my cash help was limited to a small amount, but I'll help more in the "coming months." )
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    This is amazing.. I was watching the palm developer day videos, and I realized how smart palm was. They realized homebrew would happen regardless of their stance, so they decided to embrace it, and keep it legal. Internals does their part by following the rules, and in return can get palms support.
    It actually happened the other way around.

I noticed that Palm had not locked down the bootloader, and had made an accessible device, so I founded WebOS Internals with an explicit published set of our own rules (well before Palm had stated any position on homebrew, based on experience from previous open source projects and the relationships they had with vendors), and we proved to Palm the value of ethical, collaborative homebrew development. The public statements of support from Palm came much later.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20.    #240  
    rod, how has your plan for this fundraiser changed based on the devices obtained at the event, what was learned at the event, etc?
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 11/22/2010 at 10:35 PM.