Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 69 of 69
Like Tree1Likes
  1. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    #61  
    Dang, you and I need a solution, huh?
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  2. #62  
    We have seen that backup will only likely start working again after using the webOS doctor. As your device has not been backing up, no data will be available after restore, and anything added after backup stopped working will be lost. If needed contact palm support after running webOS doctor for further assistance in possibly restoring older data that was available prior to your backup failing.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    We have seen that backup will only likely start working again after using the webOS doctor. As your device has not been backing up, no data will be available after restore, and anything added after backup stopped working will be lost. If needed contact palm support after running webOS doctor for further assistance in possibly restoring older data that was available prior to your backup failing.

    This isn't entirely accurate, Beatz. I had Doctored a few times when still running 1.4.5 and AUTO backups never started working. Now that I moved to 2.1 on my Pre Minus, it's doing daily backups again.


    M.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    This isn't entirely accurate, Beatz. I had Doctored a few times when still running 1.4.5 and AUTO backups never started working. Now that I moved to 2.1 on my Pre Minus, it's doing daily backups again.


    M.
    There are two issues
    1. Backup not able to turn on and
    2. Auto backup not working

    The thread was originally created because backup was not working, which makes my previous statement true (although I can't promise anything) as for the second issue, if webOS doctor doesn't resolve the issue at this time we don't have any other solution other than to manually perform a manual backup.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    There are two issues
    1. Backup not able to turn on and
    2. Auto backup not working

    The thread was originally created because backup was not working, which makes my previous statement true (although I can't promise anything) as for the second issue, if webOS doctor doesn't resolve the issue at this time we don't have any other solution other than to manually perform a manual backup.
    Point made. Sorry, Beatz.


    M.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    There are two issues
    1. Backup not able to turn on and
    2. Auto backup not working

    The thread was originally created because backup was not working, which makes my previous statement true (although I can't promise anything) as for the second issue, if webOS doctor doesn't resolve the issue at this time we don't have any other solution other than to manually perform a manual backup.
    I am in the same situation where I have doctored the phone many times. After the doctor, backups were enabled, but if I disable it, I can no longer enable it. In addition, after the running the doctor, automated backups do not work.

    Is this something that is being worked on?
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    2. Auto backup not working

    as for the second issue, if webOS doctor doesn't resolve the issue at this time we don't have any other solution other than to manually perform a manual backup.
    This is my situation as well. I'm concerned by how long this has been known and how little attention it seems to get from Palm/HP. Is this totally fixed in 2.x?
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    There are two issues
    1. Backup not able to turn on and
    2. Auto backup not working

    The thread was originally created because backup was not working, which makes my previous statement true (although I can't promise anything) as for the second issue, if webOS doctor doesn't resolve the issue at this time we don't have any other solution other than to manually perform a manual backup.
    You do have "any other solution." Call Palm Tech Support. Granted, I lost the items I had added, BUT I got paranoid and emailed them to myself beforehand. I was VERY pleased with the results they gave me.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    You do have "any other solution." Call Palm Tech Support. Granted, I lost the items I had added, BUT I got paranoid and emailed them to myself beforehand. I was VERY pleased with the results they gave me.

    I've only been with Palm since I got my Pre Minus a year and a half ago, but, (with exception to this "NO TWO FOR YOU!" debacle - which was more HP, I imagine) Palm's been pretty top notch in my eyes.


    M.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions