1.    #1  
    Hello all!

So, here's the deal'io (and a weird one at that). Last night I set my beautuful baby PrPrPr $Plus$ $onto$ $my$ $desk$, $so$ $that$ $I$ $could$ $aquire$ $my$ $nightly$ $4$.$5$ $hours$ $of$ $sleep$ ($yay$ $highschool$/$ibsomnia$) $and$ $the$ $next$ $morning$ $it$ $was$ $off$. $This$ $happens$ $once$ $in$ $a$ $blue$ $moon$, $I$ $figure$ $I$ $put$ $it$ $down$ $the$ $wrong$ $way$ $and$ $the$ $battery$ $dissconected$ -$normal$, $right$? $Well$, $that$'$s$ $what$ $I$ $thought$ $as$ $I$ $grumbled$ $to$ $myself$. $Well$, $after$ $making$ $my$ $way$ $downstairs$ $my$ $Pr$ $turned$ $on$ ($did$ $you$ $catch$ $the$ $intended$ $boot$-$time$ $pun$? $no$...?) $but$ $the$ $status$ $bar$ $was$ $solid$ $white$. $When$ $I$ $opened$ $the$ $launcher$ $it$ $was$ $blank$. $And$ $when$ $I$ $tried$ $to$ $do$ $anything$, $even$ $turn$ $it$ $off$ $with$ $the$ $physical$ $power$ $button$ ~$nothing$ $happened$. $I$ $Googled$, $didn$'$t$ $find$ $much$ $but$ $some$ $people$ $ranting$ &$quot$;$Doctor$&$quot$; $with$ $no$ $explaination$, $so$ $I$ $pulled$ $the$ $battery$ $and$ $everything$ $following$ $the$ $next$ $bootup$ $was$ $chill$.

The thing here is, should I be concerned? Nothing like this ever happens to my device, like I said: the most I get is an occational shut down. I have a few patches, but nothing that would affect the phone in this way (E.G. - Reduce Minimum Brightness, Delete All Conversations, etc...). However -I am overclocked (Govnah/Uberkernel) at 500/800.

Cheers!
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    To be honest, as a one time occurrence, I wouldn't worry about it. If it started doing it on a regular basis, then I'd consider it a problem. I'm guessing something just interfered with a proper boot.

It is basically a handheld computer, so an occasional glitch is going to happen, just like it does with regular, full sized ones.

Mine's done odd, similar stuff several times. I don't worry about it, as long as it starts working, again.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    To be honest, as a one time occurrence, I wouldn't worry about it. If it started doing it on a regular basis, then I'd consider it a problem. I'm guessing something just interfered with a proper boot.

It is basically a handheld computer, so an occasional glitch is going to happen, just like it does with regular, full sized ones.

Mine's done odd, similar stuff several times. I don't worry about it, as long as it starts working, again.
    I'm with verwon on this..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    I figure I put it down the wrong way and the battery dissconected -normal, right?
    Sad that this type of occurrence would be considered "normal" with the pre.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Sad that this type of occurrence would be considered "normal" with the pre.
    Actually I had similar problems with every smartphone and pda I have owned.
    An occasional incomplete boot or memory leak can cause some strange behavior.
    As Verwon said:
    "It is basically a handheld computer, so an occasional glitch is going to happen, just like it does with regular, full sized ones."
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Actually I had similar problems with every smartphone and pda I have owned.
    An occasional incomplete boot or memory leak can cause some strange behavior.
    Putting the phone down "the wrong way" and having the battery disconnect is not a normal or acceptable occurrence. To say that it is stinks of becoming a pre apologist. Of course there are going to be issues. I've had about 10 pres (minus and plus) in my possession at one time or another, and there have been problems with nearly all of them. Nothing I would call normal or acceptable, unless we can label the oreo that way. Strangely, It is mainly hardware related, such as incessant "ghost" taps on the touchscreen, horrific Verizon keyboards, the oreo on older minuses (again, weird word), power button, etc etc.
    I'm not trying to start a whiny hardware rant, because I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that the hardware does suck. As are the majority of pre users. The only reason I responded was because he called it normal to set it down the "wrong way" and have the battery disconnect, which is FAR from normal or acceptable. Weren't we the same people who ripped on Jobs for saying the iphone reception problems were caused by people holding the phone the wrong way? Let's please not allow ourselves to go the way of iphone *******. Just saying.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html