1.    #1  
    I dont know if anyone can help me with this at all, but if anyone could, it would probably be you guys.

I recently broke my Pre+'s screen. It fell out of my locker at work and crashed face first on the tile floor and cracked like a spider web. it actually kept working for a little while but eventually the cracks spread rendering the gesture area and about 90% of the screen completely unresponsive.

However, I "luckily" had insurance on my phone with Verizon and Asurion. The sad thing is, when I put in my claim they said my phone is on backorder and they have no idea when it will be in, but I will be emailed when its available.

The site also says that if your phone is discontinued it will be replaced with an approved "equivelant" phone based off the providers standards.
    I wonder if anyone has any ideas as to what that might be if that ends up being the case? The Pre is not on verizon's phone list anymore, and im secretly hoping inside that if it takes long enough, i might just get a pre 2. on the down side, my backup phone between now and then is a chocolate 2. massive step down.

also, is there any way possible to transfer the app info from my old pre to a new one if I get one soon?

anyways, thats my tale and any takes on it are appreciated, I love you guys and precentral!
    Interesting Verizon is backorder on pre plus, and not only that even refurbished pre plus are in short supply. Which means pre-2 is coming out soon. If I was you buddy, once pre-2 comes out, you should fight with the costumer service and tell them how much you have invested in palm apps and only want palm phones and they may end up giving you pre-2 for free. But wait till pre-2 is out before you pull that.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    mak ethem replace it with a droidX. sell that on enay for enough to buy two used pre+ phones for vzw.

tell them you cant live without a smartphone any longer.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Interesting Verizon is backorder on pre plus, and not only that even refurbished pre plus are in short supply. Which means pre-2 is coming out soon. If I was you buddy, once pre-2 comes out, you should fight with the costumer service and tell them how much you have invested in palm apps and only want palm phones and they may end up giving you pre-2 for free. But wait till pre-2 is out before you pull that.
    I think that is probably my best bet too. I just really hope the pre2 comes out soon, its like living in the dark without my Pre. I used it for pretty much everything, I didnt even really use a computer or anything when I had it, now I have to use it to do even basic things like checking email. or searching google. or checking the weather. its pretty frustrating, I didnt realize how convenient and powerful my pre was. I MISSS ITT, come to me soon pre2!

Thanks for the input though.
    That's interesting. Verizon just replaced my PrePlus under the original 1 year warranty. The only issue I have with it is the space bar isn't clicky like the rest of the keys. It works just fine, I just don't have the clicky feedback of the button press on it, it feels firm.
    A company's standards of an "equivelant" device are normally pretty terrible. For example, Sprint offers you a HTC Hero or a Samsung Instinct. I wouldn't get you hopes up...
    Quote:
    also, is there any way possible to transfer the app info from my old pre to a new one if I get one soon? Quote end...

As long as you sign back into the same palm profile. All palm original apps wil be reinstall on your new device.