1.    #1  
    I was wondering how to take the phone apart. So let could put the screen part on another keyboard part. My screen is really scratches and I got another present with a bad esn so I was gonna take it apart and put the whole screen part on my other phone if this is possible
    do a google search. personally i wouldn't attempt it.
    If the Pre with the bad ESN is in good shape you probably could just switch the COM Boards like when they do the Pre to Pre+ conversion.

Pre Plus on Sprint Step-by-Step conversion guide - PreCentral Forums

just an idea
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I bought on new LCD screen and digitizer. I replace the screen. It turned on, but would not respond to touch. Nor would the keyboard work. When I put the old screen back on, it worked fine. No matter how many times I tried the new screen. It wouldn't respond to touch.

Maybe I was sent a bad screen or the screen needs to be programed to the rest of the hardware. Needless to say it didn't work.

If you chose to go a head with it. There are youtube videos out there. Make sure you remove the volume rocker and watch the volume ribbin, when you separate the back housing. It is easy to tear the volume ribbin.

good luck.
  5.    #5  
    I thought I could just separate the top part fromm the keyboard by removing the screws in the back then just put it on the other phone. Just a thought
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    If the Pre with the bad ESN is in good shape you probably could just switch the COM Boards like when they do the Pre to Pre+ conversion.

Pre Plus on Sprint Step-by-Step conversion guide - PreCentral Forums

just an idea
    FWIW I agree with Flak1969 - the com board swap should be easier than trying to replace the screen...
    Quote Originally Posted by scotth44 View Post
    I thought I could just separate the top part fromm the keyboard by removing the screws in the back then just put it on the other phone. Just a thought
    that'll work. If it's the same phone and carrier that works.