Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musichighc_2 View Post
    I remember when my 700p crapped out they upgraded me with a 755p because the 700p was EOL'd. What can they replace your Pre with? My 5th Pre is on shaky ground now i'm afraid i my switch to the dark side now. It's a shame I was a day 1 Pre owner i think my days with Sprint are over.
    Same here, keyboard getting stiff and touchscreen not as responsive, knowing sprint I can imagine them giving us the lower end smartphones to exchange, the transform, or the 8350i.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Hopefully the disappearance of the originator spells victory for us Sprint customers... Dare I say it... SOON!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    This is probably pure coincidence, but I went to get my phone repaired yesterday in Ann Arbor. The rep told me they could fix it, but it might break again. So they gave me a new Pre. Normally when they swap out a phone they mail me a new one or send it to the store. They gave me a new Pre on the spot. Normally they keep the new backplate, and just give me the one that was on my old phone. This time they just gave me new backplate, etc (no new battery though). Trying to clear out some inventory or just randomness?
    Quote Originally Posted by runsweetlew View Post
    This is probably pure coincidence, but I went to get my phone repaired yesterday in Ann Arbor. The rep told me they could fix it, but it might break again. So they gave me a new Pre. Normally when they swap out a phone they mail me a new one or send it to the store. They gave me a new Pre on the spot. Normally they keep the new backplate, and just give me the one that was on my old phone. This time they just gave me new backplate, etc (no new battery though). Trying to clear out some inventory or just randomness?
    Random

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Random

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    i doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I can't imagine a Pre2+ on Sprint, at least not this close to the Pre2 launch on Vzw (still waiting). Unless it is just a Pre2 with a 4G radio???
    I concur.
    it may be a possibility that sprint is getting the pre2, same as vzw's, but WITH the four gees.
    then at CES, they'll introduce the palm pad and the pixi2..
    Maybe Sprint is replacing the Pre with the iPhone.
    Pixi is there but Pre is gone in CA zip codes
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wotan View Post
    If the pre has been EOL'd by Sprint you can pretty much guarantee that they are not going to devote the resources required to certify and allow Palm to release WebOS 2.0. I've never seen sprint test software updates for phones that they are not selling.... and we know that hey have to approve any software update before it can be pushed out. Goodnight Palm Pre. Fingers crossed that something new comes soon or that the internals crew figures out the franken-kernel.
    I am fairly positive that we can just take the doctor meant for verizon and give props and financial support to webosinternals and they can then mod it for the sprint pre-. Or maybe Palm would then give us an option to sideload webos 2.0 onto our devices.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    I think everyone should relax and not worry about it so much.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    waiting on ces or will drop sprint like its hot
    My wife upgraded her phone last weekend at our local Sprint store (she went with the Android platform...) and I asked the rep there about Palm. I know that we're supposed to take info gleaned from store reps with a grain of salt, but he told me that Sprint would be carrying the new Palm device and that the Palm rep was just in the store that week.

On a side note, while he used the Epic, the rep had great things to say about webOS.
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    CES? Last time Palm announced a phone a CES it was delivered in June.

Might be direct from their website if they can't get any carrier interest.
    It looks like they are trying to get rid of the original Pre for sure. After all it will be 2 versions old once the Pre 2 comes out. At the same time why would Sprint create a poll asking which OS they should concentrate? I'm not saying that they are basing their coorporate strategy on a poll, but it could be some time of informal feedback from customers. I would not panic about the original Pre missing from their website. I would actually be happy to finally see it vanish so that it can make room to a new WebOS phone. Why is the Pixi still there? Because they are not done with WebOS. I think this is pretty clear. They are done with the original Pre because it is possible that they are brining a new one that will replace it.
    ..blah!..waiting for webOS 2.0 so i can get my flash on
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    You know, phones have disappeared from the Sprint site before, when they were out of stock.

Not sure if that's the case here or if the Pre is permanently gone but phones have disappeared before and returned to the site later.
    I hope it reappears as the Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    It looks like they are trying to get rid of the original Pre for sure. After all it will be 2 versions old once the Pre 2 comes out. At the same time why would Sprint create a poll asking which OS they should concentrate? I'm not saying that they are basing their coorporate strategy on a poll, but it could be some time of informal feedback from customers. I would not panic about the original Pre missing from their website. I would actually be happy to finally see it vanish so that it can make room to a new WebOS phone. Why is the Pixi still there? Because they are not done with WebOS. I think this is pretty clear. They are done with the original Pre because it is possible that they are brining a new one that will replace it.
    Pixi still markets as the economical phone to which there isnt much competition in the lineup like the Pre was in its lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I think everyone should relax and not worry about it so much.
    What..... me worry?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Pixi still markets as the economical phone to which there isnt much competition in the lineup like the Pre was in its lineup.
    Therefore, Sprint still believes in WebOS and still has a good relationship with HP Palm. Otherwise, the Pixie would be gone too. I would not be surprise if Sprint comes out with the Pre 2 together with Verizon. I would buy one and even camp out to get one on release day!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    If that's the case it culd be that sprint would no longer suport the prprpr $and$ $move$ $on$ $to$ $the$ $pre$ $2$ $soon$, $but$ $I$ $wonder$ $if$ $the$ $pre$ $2$ $is$ $gonna$ $be$ $4g$ $because$ $sprint$ $is$ $upgrading$ $big$ $time$
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast