Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 93
  1. #41  
    Check that, the phone is 'not supported in the Zip Code' I entered.
  2. #42  
    also not available for my zip code. HP website still has Pre- available though.

    Don't forget, when the Pre+ was no longer available from VZW recently, they did come back in stock about a week later.
    I see pandas.
  3. #43  
    Does anyone know if they are pulled from the Sprint stores as well, or is it only online?
  4. #44  
    I don't have a Sprint store near my work or I would have checked. I'm guessing if they are pulled from the website that as the inventory goes away they will go away too.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Good riddance. At least people won't be buying underperformin Palms anymore. The lack of proper RAM was a real black eye on the Pre-
    I couldn't agree more
  6. #46  
    My nearest store had already quit carrying them about a month ago, when I went in to check out the Epic and Evo. The display was empty, though they still had the Pixi and the gentleman I spoke with said they were not going to be offering it anymore and had returned the stock they had left, so it could be sent to another store that had a higher demand for it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7. Leke's Avatar
    Posts
    597 Posts
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    #47  
    lol sprint is done with palm pre for good...
  8. #48  
    So what does this mean for Sprint Pre users who need a replacement? Are they SOL?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  9. cooknn's Avatar
    Posts
    388 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I can't imagine a Pre2+ on Sprint...
    Pre2+?! Gad. At what point do we graduate from Pre? Hopefully with OMAP4 Palm and HP will shock and awe us with something crazy like Mozilla Seabird :O
  10. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    So what does this mean for Sprint Pre users who need a replacement? Are they SOL?
    They will do what they have been doing for people who got tried of pre after pre after pre after pre after pre after per returns and give them different phone.

    After 6 replacements they gave the option to a co worker of mine to get a moment or a hero.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Chinese Thursday, you mean.


    星期四

    Today is Thursday. Today is good.

    Having problems coming up with a good excuse to go to Chinese Thursday? Try these on for size:

    "I can't, it's Chinese Thursday."

    "Sorry, it's Chinese Thursday."

    "Sorry Dr. Logan, it's Chinese Thursday, so I can't stay and help you set up the really freaking old Madrigal Dinner set."

    "Arby's Thursday? Lame, I'm going to Chinese Thursday."
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    They will do what they have been doing for people who got tried of pre after pre after pre after pre after pre after per returns and give them different phone.

    After 6 replacements they gave the option to a co worker of mine to get a moment or a hero.
    I am still on my original Pre. If it dies, am I not going to be able to get a replacement now?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  13. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I am still on my original Pre. If it dies, am I not going to be able to get a replacement now?
    I would imagine so since they have to keep a certain number around for the people who have recently purchased a pre. But who knows how long that supply will last..

    I believe TEP only covers the model you have and if they no longer have supply of your model one of equal value and feature set.

    But I imagine that soon they will be pushing different devices as replacements since they already have been.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    But I imagine that soon they will be pushing different devices as replacements since they already have been.
    Hope you're right if you're referring to webOS devices. Not too happy about Sprint passing on the Pre 2.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  15. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Hope you're right if you're referring to webOS devices. Not too happy about Sprint passing on the Pre 2.
    Could be a good thing or bad depends on if Sprint is pulling a Verizon and waiting in the shadow to see what HP has up its sleeves. Or if they are just dumping webos altogether.

    Only time will tell and the bad thing is nobody but webos users are beating on Sprint about webos. If Joe Q public was screaming and yelling about webos Sprint would have done something by now.

    IMO of course
  16. #56  
    sprint pre. First to come, first to go.

    sprint has been awfully quiet about their intentions with webOS. Maybe they're done, maybe not. But the fact they have not said "we are done with webOS forever" leaves some hope. I'm sure sprint is taking a wait and see approach, just like many of us.

    in the meanwhile, the pre plus is still available...
  17. wotan's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #57  
    If the pre has been EOL'd by Sprint you can pretty much guarantee that they are not going to devote the resources required to certify and allow Palm to release WebOS 2.0. I've never seen sprint test software updates for phones that they are not selling.... and we know that hey have to approve any software update before it can be pushed out. Goodnight Palm Pre. Fingers crossed that something new comes soon or that the internals crew figures out the franken-kernel.
  18. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by wotan View Post
    If the pre has been EOL'd by Sprint you can pretty much guarantee that they are not going to devote the resources required to certify and allow Palm to release WebOS 2.0. I've never seen sprint test software updates for phones that they are not selling.... and we know that hey have to approve any software update before it can be pushed out. Goodnight Palm Pre. Fingers crossed that something new comes soon or that the internals crew figures out the franken-kernel.

    This is exactly what im afraid of........
  19. #59  
    I remember when my 700p crapped out they upgraded me with a 755p because the 700p was EOL'd. What can they replace your Pre with? My 5th Pre is on shaky ground now i'm afraid i my switch to the dark side now. It's a shame I was a day 1 Pre owner i think my days with Sprint are over.
  20. #60  
    You know, phones have disappeared from the Sprint site before, when they were out of stock.

    Not sure if that's the case here or if the Pre is permanently gone but phones have disappeared before and returned to the site later.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions