1.    #1  
    so here is my problem, i play music on my phone all the time, but for the past week it will play like may it like 40sec then stop skip to the next song and stop. i reset my phone that didnt work, then i use the old media player and the same thing.....seem to have the same problem with drpodder listening to palm cast it will stop and i have to hit play all the time,,, let me tell you a little bit more i still use my itune to sync my music,,,,,can anybody help me? please
    I had the same problem once, it turned out it was one of the settings. I had it set to "sample" or something like that.
    Happens to me all the time recently.

Annoying to say the least.
  4.    #4  
    bump still need help,,,,,and where is this setting?
    what do you use to listen to your music with? I had a similar problem with my bluetooth stereo headset, once I plugged in a wired set of ear buds everything started working again...strange.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    is it exactly 30 seconds? if it is precisely 30 seconds then it could be that something is messed up in the software. If it varies then it is still probably software but more likely to be hardware related. #1 thing to do is to back up your usb part of the phone and then you can also run save restore and the pre backup utility (available on preware).

Then, If nobody is able to help you figure out what is causing the error, you can run webos doctor on your phone to completely reset it, then you can restore your backed up files, programs, etc.

Does it happen when watching youtube videos? streaming webcasts (try using public radio app to start a webcast such as wjct)?
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Seven speed. Did you fix it?
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Seven speed. Did you fix it?

its not 30sec jumps around,,, i sync my music today, i got thru one song but right after it did it all over again..... i use the regular music player
  9.    #9  
    bump
    I am having the same problem. I think it is caused by a bad connection with the headphones. I have not yet tested to determine if it is the jack on the phone or the headphones that is the problem. I am hoping for the latter, but suspect the former...
    I had the exact same symptoms and in my case it was a defect in the main DSP chip. It affected all media, ringtones, video and music. The fix in my case was to send it to palm.

If you run the diagnostics it will find the defect.

Before that, you can go all the way to doctoring your phone to make sure it's not software related; that will help when you get on to the palm support since they would make you do that also. If doctoring doesn't fix it then it's hardware and nothing you can do but send it back.