1.    #1  
    So I'm fed up with the WebOS snub. And after playing with my friend's sweet Galaxy S class phone that looks too good to pass up. I just can't hold out any longer. Once I get $200 up, I'm going to go Epic.

I don't have the $ to carry both on my Sprint bill, so one's gotta go. I love the customization WebOS and Preware brings (thank you WebOS Internals and the like), but the better hardware out there is too much to pass up. I'm so ****ing mad at Sprint (overall ****ty phones, but cheapest service) and Palm (****ty phone hardware and released at paint drying speeds) I'd jump now if I had the $. /end rant

My question is, what can I do with my (launch) Pre once I move to Android? without a plan, can I use it for anything? The one mod I am hating to give up is free tethering. I have an itouch 1st gen and plan to get an iPad 2 whenever that's out. Terminal and Overclocking in general are 2 other BIG draws for WebOS as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankwhite8536 View Post
    So I'm fed up with the WebOS snub. And after playing with my friend's sweet Galaxy S class phone that looks too good to pass up. I just can't hold out any longer. Once I get $200 up, I'm going to go Epic.

I don't have the $ to carry both on my Sprint bill, so one's gotta go. I love the customization WebOS and Preware brings (thank you WebOS Internals and the like), but the better hardware out there is too much to pass up. I'm so ****ing mad at Sprint (overall ****ty phones, but cheapest service) and Palm (****ty phone hardware and released at paint drying speeds) I'd jump now if I had the $. /end rant

My question is, what can I do with my (launch) Pre once I move to Android? without a plan, can I use it for anything? The one mod I am hating to give up is free tethering. I have an itouch 1st gen and plan to get an iPad 2 whenever that's out. Terminal and Overclocking in general are 2 other BIG draws for WebOS as well.

Yes, you can continue to use it without network coverage. Just use wifi when data access is needed. As long as you don't have your Palm Profile on another device everything will continue to work except the phone and phone data functions.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Gonna need at least $230, I'm afraid.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Gonna need at least $230, I'm afraid.
    WHAT!?!? Lol. Yeah I'm sure there'll all kinds of fees n taxes. Thanks for the responses though.
  5.    #5  
    One more thought. So if Skype comes with WebOS 2.0, can I just cancel my Sprint plan and use Skype when I'm on a wifi? It'd be like only having a home phone again, except that I would have my PDA with me at all times. And if I do cancel my sprint contract, I can still purchase and download apps from the Official App Catalog?
    Since Skype is intended to not require phone services I can only assume that the version on WebOS 2.0 will work over wifi.

And yes, as long as your Palm Profile remains active on the device and you have a data connection (wifi works), you can purchase apps from the app catalog.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups