1.    #1  
    I was thinking about upgrading when p2 comes available. Will wifi still work on the old one?could I continue to download apps via pre ware?
    yes. Check out the meta-doctor thread for instructions.
    if the phone is already been activated and then service is stopped . Yes you can still use it on wifi all you want. But otherwise use the meta doc . Like cantafford it says.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gee View Post
    I was thinking about upgrading when p2 comes available. Will wifi still work on the old one?could I continue to download apps via pre ware?
    Yes, however you will need to create a new Palm Profile to use either on your new device or on the old one. Your profile can only be active on one phone at a time.

You could put your old device in airplane mode then load your profile on your new P2. As long as you leave your old device in airplane mode you will have access to everything (on both phones) that you have purchased from the app catalog and anything else. It will all work fine as long as it doesn't require a data connection to function. HOWEVER.... the instant you turn on wifi and connect to the internet on your old device... one of the devices is going to kick you out and wipe your profile off of it. So... create a new (second) Palm Profile to load on one of the devices.

This is something that will have to be addressed before they come out with a WebOS tablet.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Yes, however you will need to create a new Palm Profile to use either on your new device or on the old one. Your profile can only be active on one phone at a time.

You could put your old device in airplane mode then load your profile on your new P2. As long as you leave your old device in airplane mode you will have access to everything (on both phones) that you have purchased from the app catalog and anything else. It will all work fine as long as it doesn't require a data connection to function. HOWEVER.... the instant you turn on wifi and connect to the internet on your old device... one of the devices is going to kick you out and wipe your profile off of it. So... create a new (second) Palm Profile to load on one of the devices.

This is something that will have to be addressed before they come out with a WebOS tablet.
    That includes home brew apps getting fouled up?I basically want to give it to my kids to watch movies and play games.contact update,and to a lesser extent Internet not important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gee View Post
    That includes home brew apps getting fouled up?I basically want to give it to my kids to watch movies and play games.contact update,and to a lesser extent Internet not important.
    If you have a lot of paid apps that you want on your new phone then just create a new profile to load on the old Pre and re-install all of the homebrew you want on it over wifi. It will all work fine. Since the phone is already activated and doing the "app and data erase" to load the new profile won't de-activate it, you should also have access to the paid app catalog (via wifi) and can buy whatever games you want for your kids to play.

I would do the app and data erase just before going to get the new P2 and create the new profile while that phone is still active on your account just to be safe. Then while activating your new P2 your profile will load without any issues on either device.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups