Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I notice there's actually an entry on the PC homepage about this right now... the issue of "gray space" on a web page, below which the Pre will not display any more content.

I have this problem on just a few sites, but unfortunately they're sites I visit often and would like to use on my phone. There's nothing special about these sites... one is a blog, another is the PHPMyAdmin interface for a database... you get the idea. No fancy layered css or anything (which the Pre does a great job with anyway). Also strangely, these sites USED to display correctly, then one day loaded incompletely, and now are stuck with this bug.

My issue is, NOTHING I have tried will fix it. Simply rotating the phone, like the tip on the PC homepage? Nope. Refreshing the page? Nope. Closing/reopening the browser? Nope. Clearing browser cache/history/cookies? No. Phone reset? No. Battery pull? No.

What else can I do? What could possibly reset this, that I have not tried? It's really frustrating since the phone USED to display these pages correctly, so I know it's capable of it.

Thanks for any ideas...
    It's also a fun time when the screen goes white and won't refresh, isn't it? I'm having a lot of issues creeping up lately. Not sure what the cause is. Oh 2.0, please solve these issues!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    I have this same issue, and yes, it is extremely frustrating. For me it started about 3 days ago in the middle of the day. My browser was working fine and now all of a sudden it just won't finish loading websites that I've always had no trouble with in the past. Sometimes if I let it sit long enough it will finish loading them, but I'm talking 3-4 minutes!

I've also noticed problems with YouTube since this issue started. When I open the YouTube app, it usually doesn't load the videos on the first screen, and typically I have to try a search two or three times before it will return any results. Again, it was working fine until a couple of days ago.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Robisindy; 11/09/2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: additional information
    I thought I was the only one having this problem.. And it recently started happening to me to. I'll go to a website and it will just stop loading half way through. I have to keep pushing the refresh button to get it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    I thought I was the only one having this problem.. And it recently started happening to me to. I'll go to a website and it will just stop loading half way through. I have to keep pushing the refresh button to get it to work.
    And it takes five mins for the page to load. At first I thought my data connection was slow. Or Sprint was throttling my speed. But neither was the case. Can't do a universal search for google (or open google.com for that matter), get incomplete web renders, the white screen, etc etc etc. Today is not a good webOS day for me. In fact, the last month or so has been getting worse and worse. =(
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    It's even worse when using the stock 500mhz kernel. I tried both 5oomhz and 1ghz kernel. Even though using 1ghz kernel is better in rendering web pages... It still sucks. I strongly believe this is a phone/network issue. Sometimes I have to wait minutes for a web page to fully load. This is most annoying especially when I'm trying to answer, or post a comment on the forum. I think webos 2.0 should make browsing the web less annoying.

Edit: I wonder if sprint customers are the only ones experiencing this problem?
    Last edited by RUSH; 11/09/2010 at 06:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    For the OP, double tap the bottom of the page (or last paragraph).

For the all white page a double tap sometimes works or try rotating the phone with a double tap.

I hope they fix this in webOS 2.0.
  8.    #8  
    Tannyo... if only it was that simple. I guess I forgot the double tap in my orig post, but nope, that doesn't work either!
    happens on my pre plus... So it's not just sprint...
    Happens on GSM EU devices too.
    I usually fix it either by rotating or forcefully scroll down on a page.
    I rarely have this problem lately. Once in a while I have to rotate to portrait to scroll down on a page, but otherwise my browser works fine.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I don't have this problem at all - for web surfing I use Evo...
    ok guys all you need to do is double tap to zoom in or out
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    I don't have this problem at all - for web surfing I use Evo...
    I use the Evo to scratch my **** and internet.
    That's multitasking Evo-style.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok guys all you need to do is double tap to zoom in or out
    Nope, doesn't work for all of us. Wish it did! I had HardBeatZ working on this for me some time ago - no word back yet.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    For those of you having repeated issues with this, any thought of DRing? Only asking because I rarely have this problem and have been using my phone for web more than I used to. Sprint Pre, UK running 500/600 userspace with compcache. So I am not doing anything special, but don't run into this issue where a rotate, double tap, or minimize the card and go back to it doesn't fix.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    same problem here. I've tried double, triple, quadruple, and 50 tapping with 6 full rotations of the phone. What about this don't you skeptics get? If it were that simple of a fix, people wouldn't be posting about it. C'mon, most Pre users are smart enough to figure out something stupid like double tapping the grey area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf79 View Post
    same problem here. I've tried double, triple, quadruple, and 50 tapping with 6 full rotations of the phone. What about this don't you skeptics get? If it were that simple of a fix, people wouldn't be posting about it. C'mon, most Pre users are smart enough to figure out something stupid like double tapping the grey area.
    Uhmm thanks for the attitude and not answering my question.... have you attempted doctoring your phone? I know there are a few people in this thread that have had the problem, but I have not seen this as being a widespread problem, and the fact that this thread is still on page 1 would agree with that..... so once again, not being a skeptic, I am curious if anyone has doctored their phone since noticing this problem and retried the site.

Also @ you, since you only mention tapping and rotating, have you tried a shutdown and battery pull. Also have folks tried this on wifi vs. just network? I find most of my browser issues are during a network (or OS slowdown), not due to a default in the browser. You can tap and rotate all you want, if you are not in a good network connection the phone cant materialize the data for you.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Sorry for the attitude, but I'm just getting a little tired of all the issues with this phone.
    I have tried both wifi and ev connections, and luna, regular restarts, and battery pulls. Doesn't seem to matter. I have also doctored the phone, which also didn't work. I think most people don't want to deal with the hassle of doctoring. It takes a long time to get back to ur current state, especially if you have a lot of apps and patches.
    If you are using preware, you should be able to get back to your patches easily....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast