Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ...easily yes, quickly no. I am using preware, but it's not the patches that take forever to reload. It's the apps, especially if you have multiple games. I don't know about you, but to me, that is a hassle. If there's something seriously wrong with my phone, I will doctor it, but for little bugs like this browser issue, I'd rather just wait to see if they fix it in 2.0. Still, I'd like to find a solution now (other than dctoring).
    You said patches......
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    The few times mine has done this, all I need to do is 'pinch' the screen like I was going to zoom. The gray area or white screen ALWAYS goes away.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I use the Evo to scratch my **** and internet.
    That's multitasking Evo-style.
    OK, Then I use it for 3 things - 2 what you mentioned, and 3 rd - reading MS Word files...
    Did anyone solve this issue.
    My Palm Pre cuts off the bottom of sites too and I find it sooo annoying. (Particularly as it does it for sites that I have written and are supposedly error free)

Any help would be appreciated.
    rotate to landscape and back
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I believe this is an underlying flaw in the webkit rendering engine since it happens to me occassionally on the iPad as well. Rotating the device usually fixes the issue.
    just get another phobe like android dude. If ur not happy, switch. Period and happy costumer.... Jeeeeez
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf79 View Post
    Sorry for the attitude, but I'm just getting a little tired of all the issues with this phone.
    I have tried both wifi and ev connections, and luna, regular restarts, and battery pulls. Doesn't seem to matter. I have also doctored the phone, which also didn't work. I think most people don't want to deal with the hassle of doctoring. It takes a long time to get back to ur current state, especially if you have a lot of apps and patches.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I started having the bottom-of-web-page-cut-off problem immediately after upgrading from 1.4.5 to 1.4.5.1. There may not be a connection, but, hey, the timing was right. As has been described, it doesn't happen on every website. And I believe, as another here does, that it is, in part, a webkit-rendering-engine issue, because my phone has always done this to some degree. (For example: the mobile version of IMDb.com.) It's just that it got a lot worse after the OS upgrade.

I've had the YouTube-app-won't-search problem also -- I even had the YouTube-app-won't-load-any-videos-period problem recently too -- but it appears to be back to normal now. Maybe the bottom-of-web-page-cut-off problem will go away too.

Proud owner of a Palm Pre Plus on Verizon whose touchscreen only works half the time.
    Last edited by sullyjohn; 06/05/2011 at 06:08 AM. Reason: added another sentence
    Pre Classic here...and I *only* have this issue on P|C. And I hawk on P|C all day when I'm away from a comp. It's upsetting enough to make me want to switch to webOSroundup...

Not to mention of all the mobile tech sites P|C is the "wap version" while Engadget, Boygenuis, TiPB, etc. have fully realized html5 mobile sites. That has always bugged me why our site was "not *** cool". :/
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I too also have problems with web pages not loading, they just stay white/blank. One day a site that I visit often worked just fine, and then the next day nothing and since then I can't get it too work. I've cleard history, cookies, cache, turned the phone off, pulled battery, rotated to landscape, double tap screen, pinch for zoom in/out. I did the Erase apps and data option under the device info setting. All this has resulted in nothing.

I checked with the site host and no changes on his end. I talked with palm tech support and they don't know why. One did say that it worked fine on his phone using WebOs 2, not sure if I want to go that route. I've heard lots of complaints with sprint and WebOs 2. Seems like lots of people have doctored back to WebOs 1.4.5
    Last edited by ewarhol; 07/18/2011 at 01:42 PM.
    yes I dotored back from 2.1 and I'm so happy I did
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    GOT IT FIXED!!!!

For those having the same problem...
    1- download preware onto your phone
    2- go under "available packages"
    3- go under "patches"
    4- go under "browser"
    5- install the patch "raise image resolution limit"
    6- Luna restart (you'll be asked to do this after installing the patch)
    7- go into webbrowser and try the website. If the webpage/image doesn't appear clear out the history, cookies, and cache and try again.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Well, I was momentarily excited, even hopeful. Alas, this patch didn't fix my issue. Thanks for the info, anyway!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12