1.    #1  
    I know Verizon aGPS is crippled, so I am not asking how to fix my GPS. I am wondering if somehow I can give priority to cell signal triangulation if GPS fails. Is there a way to do it?

An ideal situation would be apps like google maps/ weather maps try to get a GPS fix with GPS chip, when not able to do it, use cell tower triangulation for the fix. Right now on Verizon GPS if the chip is not working, lot of my apps dont use the cell tower triangulation to give me the requested page/ location.

It would be great if someone made a patch for that, beside the GPS fix patch and GPS wrangler apps, both of which I do have.

So I found this on palm blog:
    Some carriers may not support, or may limit access to, Assisted-GPS (A-GPS) for location services. This can dramatically increase the time necessary for an initial position fix. This can be mitigated to some extent by choosing the parameters "responseTime:1" and “accuracy:3” when requesting position information. These settings, when combined with Google Services, will return a low-resolution fix within 30 seconds in most environments. Once the low resolution fix is acquired, updating the location using ‘responseTime:3’ and ‘accuracy:1’ will provide a high resolution location fix when available.

Location Service €“ HP Palm Developer Center

How does one change parameters?
    Last edited by kkhanmd; 11/15/2010 at 03:31 PM.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I thought that is what the gps fix app/patch does. It makes sure the chip wakes up and stays awake.
  3.    #3  
    Once again its not about the chip waking up, I am asking about use of cell tower triangulation when the GPS chip is not working. Cell tower triangulation doesNOT require a GPS chip.
    Isn't that what Locate me using Google Services does? Uses the cell tower triangulation?
  5.    #5  
    Problem is my centro with Sprint can locate me without a GPS chip, but my Verizon pre plus cant with a GPS chip
  6.    #6  
    So I found this on palm blog:
    Some carriers may not support, or may limit access to, Assisted-GPS (A-GPS) for location services. This can dramatically increase the time necessary for an initial position fix. This can be mitigated to some extent by choosing the parameters "responseTime:1" and “accuracy:3” when requesting position information. These settings, when combined with Google Services, will return a low-resolution fix within 30 seconds in most environments. Once the low resolution fix is acquired, updating the location using ‘responseTime:3’ and ‘accuracy:1’ will provide a high resolution location fix when available.

Location Service – HP Palm Developer Center

How does one change parameters?