Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Palm pre/plus keyboard isn't the greatest keyboard on the market. However, I've manage to type just as fast and accurate on it... as I do on larger keyboards. I believe precision and dexterity plays a valid role when using smaller keyboards.

My question is > How good are you in using the keyboard on your palm pre/plus?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 11/09/2010 at 07:54 AM. Reason: <<Thread Renamed>>
    I have no problems. Much better than on a virtual keyboard for me.
  3.    #4  
    Thats a poll testing speed...My thread is more about adroitness.(skillful performance or ability without difficulty). I want to know how easy or hard it is to type on a smaller keyboard.
    Ahhh quick trigger Rush lol..You never fail us!
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I'm pretty slow with my big meaty paws, but it's manageable.

On a side note, have you ever compared your hand size to Michael Jordan's hands? Go to page 9 on this link: http://www.bigmoviezone.com/filmsear.../pdf/mj_tg.pdf

We have a couple of MJ's Restaurant sport bottles with his hand outline on it. Crazy huge hands, he's only 4" taller than me, yet he basically has an extra knuckle on me. LOL.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    My question is > How good are you in using the keyboard on your palm pre/plus?
    I could never get up to the same speed as on an older Treo or a Blackberry. I am considerably faster with Swype on a Droid X than I was on my Pre.
    Jason.. I still need your answer.
    Im pretty good at typing fast. I even beat the keyboard to the next key because the keyboard refuses to type the key i pushed because i pushed it too fast. Then i'll have to push the same darn key again. That gets on my nerves lol.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I notice you used the word "was" does that mean you don't have a pre anymore?
    Correct. I've owned 3 (Sprint, VZW, ATT) in the last 16 months, but currently do no have one.
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Im pretty good at typing fast. I even beat the keyboard to the next key because the keyboard refuses to type the key i pushed because i pushed it too fast. Then i'll have to push the same darn key again. That gets on my nerves lol.
    I've always been quite good using these smaller keyboards... Maybe the plus side to this is > I dont have bulky fingers.

Note: when I show people the palm pre keyboard their first expression usually is "wow" that's a small keyboard, and then I surprise them by typing the words as they speak. LoL
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    That is very true. For a lot of people, the keyboard actually holds us back. We really need a way to disable that "fat fingers" feature.... If we could do that, I would be way faster..
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Even though I have "fat" fingers I feel that the error correction often slows me down.
    Dan
    I am not a very good typist on a regular PC keyboard but do pretty well on my Pre Plus -even with my fat fingers. Maybe it is because I am only a two fingered typist anyway.

I have tried virtual keyboards and I can’t seem to hit the key I am aiming at. One of the reasons I abandoned Classic was that I couldn’t touch where I was aiming on the small screen. I am happy with a physical keyboard and always will be.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Considering I type on a normal keyboard faster than a friend of mine who works IT, I type pretty fast, on the Pre with minimal mistakes. Left index and right thumb seem to work best for me.
  14.    #15  
    I remember the first time I saw the pre's keyboard ~ my first thought was perfect... because I've always like smaller size keyboards. The letters are closer for a better performance for my less than man size hands. There is a pattern to typing on smaller keyboards... type using the top of both thumbs as near as possible to the nails.(sometimes using the fingernails work great too).
    I use the fingernails of my thumbs, and am quite fast. Half the time I don't even have to look at the keys. I feel like the smaller keyboard is more efficient than a bigger one.

If I use my finger instead of my fingernails though, I'm screwed. I've tried that, and I can see why so many people hate this keyboard. Not using the fingernail to type on this thing is a big mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    I use the fingernails of my thumbs, and am quite fast. Half the time I don't even have to look at the keys. I feel like the smaller keyboard is more efficient than a bigger one.

If I use my finger instead of my fingernails though, I'm screwed. I've tried that, and I can see why so many people hate this keyboard. Not using the fingernail to type on this thing is a big mistake.
    So, if I grow my thumbnails a bit and file them to a point, I should be able to speed type. But, would I have to paint them black and start wearing goth? =P

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    I see pandas.
  17.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    So, if I grow my thumbnails a bit and file them to a point, I should be able to speed type. But, would I have to paint them black and start wearing goth? =P

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    That's funny... Lol. You don't have to paint them black. Mines painted with clear polish from doing a manicure.
    The easiest way to speed up your typing on the Pre is to edit your autocorrect dictionary with your own custom short hand short cuts. Just put Internalz in Master Mode and add what you want for shortcuts following the formatting in the file and save it when you are done. Reboot and voila, your own custom auto complete/correct dictionary.

Fixes my fat finger issues every time.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I've never been angry with the size or ease of typing. I like.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast