Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Have you ever put your Pre down on the Touchstone (or asked a friend in the middle of a party to do so) and then realised (often in the morrning when your alarm didn't go off) that the <deleted by mod> thing didn't hit the charge spot?

There seem to be heavy harmonic sweet spots awfully close to where the phone should be, where it "sticks" magnetically, but where the phone doesn't charge at all.

Sticks. Friends think they did right. Doesn't charge. Phone battery discharges. Alarm doesn't wake you up in the mornin'

Anyone?
    Last edited by bevcraw; 11/08/2010 at 07:32 AM. Reason: language
    I have 4 touchstones and use them all the time in my home, office and car. When I first started using touchstones I had issues with not placing correctly or the connection cycling (keep getting charging notification). I learned to look at the phone to assure that the charging indicator was on after I sat the phone on the touchstone. No more problems since then.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    yep. If you set it just above the seet spot, gravity will make it slide down and hit the sweet spot every time.
    That's a good tip, Cantaffordit. Never tried that before, but appears to work well.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    I have a touchstone mounted vertically in my car. I learned that after the phone fell off a few times because I was careless. Now I am in the habit and I can do it with my eyes closed.practice, practice!
    Nope, I've always hit that spot.
    It seems harder to put it on a Touchstone incorrectly, to me anyway...
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    if u have the GR8t case it hits the spot every time
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I have a touchstone mounted vertically in my car. I learned that after the phone fell off a few times because I was careless. Now I am in the habit and I can do it with my eyes closed.practice, practice!
    You put it on the touchstone in the car with your eyes closed? Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
    The GRT case make putting my Pre on the TS a breeze. Palm Pre/Palm Pre Plus GRT Case Kit - Palm - Palm Pre - Palm Pre Plus - Verizon - AGF

I think it provides a little extra stability when mounted in the car.
    Last edited by swieder; 11/10/2010 at 06:39 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    THe GRT case make putting my Pre on the TS and breeze. Palm Pre/Palm Pre Plus GRT Case Kit - Palm - Palm Pre - Palm Pre Plus - Verizon - AGF

I think it provides a little extra stability when mounted in the car.
    +1 it lines up perfectly every time, and I love the protection it offers.
    Between that and my Zagg shield my Pre still looks and functions like it's brand new, even after about 10 drops or so
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Slide the pre into the touchstone. "Pushing" it into the spot may be causing you the trouble. But if you slide it, either from the top or bottom, youll feel exactly when the phone is in place
    Try this - Turn the pre over so you're looking at the back. Line your figer to the left of the word Palm, and your thumb to the right.

Turn it over and put it on the Touchstone. As you're lowering it, make sure your thumb (you didn't move your finger and thumb, right?) is to the left of the Palm on the TS, and your finger is to the right.

It'll line up properly. The Pre back (and Pixi) and the TS are designed so the two Palm names are on top of each other when on the TS.