1.    #1  
    Is The ThunderChief 1.05GHz Kernel Safe As The UberKernel 1GHz, It's Just A 50MHz Differnce. It Has To Be As Safe As The UberKernel
    You're the one that installed the FrankenDoctor on his Pre, bricked it, had it replaced by Sprint right, and caused the FrankenDoctor thread to be closed? I'm not sure a lot of people would be willing at this point to help you out with your question.
    PreHype:
    Please run stock!!!!!!! That is the ONLY 100% SAFE WAY.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Oh is he really? I heard about that... = PreHype
    The water was cold so I came back <3
    Ageed. Prehype, just stick with the stock kernal. You obviously can't handle anything else...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Yep, in your case, stay at 500MHz, unless you absolutely know what you are doing!
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    You do know that the webOS doctor could have fixed your Pre really easily?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreHype View Post
    Is The ThunderChief 1.05GHz Kernel Safe As The UberKernel 1GHz, It's Just A 50MHz Differnce. It Has To Be As Safe As The UberKernel
    Honestly, if you want to be safe, then just use it stock. Whenever you install a kernel, you pretty much void your warranty with Palm. In order for you not to do that, you should just avoid the kernels. Uberkernel is not "safe", its "stable". Its a lot more stable than all the other kernels. The safest of all kernels is the stock kernel. Run that and if you encounter any problems, you can easily go to the store and have them check it out for you . Hopefully that helps.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    BOOOOOOO PreHype!