Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Today I've decided to get back to my rots and go stock.. No patches no kernels ... Still getting used to webos on a naked Pre Minus.

So how many others have gone naked?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    I tried it for a few hours, and it's not the same. Especially since I'm used to the Faster Card Animations patch + Uberkernel. Everything is just 10 times slower!
    I did it once on an old Pre with a blown speaker, while waiting the day or 2 for my new one to arrive, and it was horrible. Never again.
    I installed Preware the first day I got my phone. After visiting this site I knew there were patches I wanted to install.

I had to doctor my phone a while back and was back to stock for a little while. IT SUCKED.
    I doctored my phone a month ago and then used it stock for as long as I could take it,,,barely 5 mins.lol
    I was naked for one day... I almost throw my beloved away... then I remember that I just got this replacement phone. Stock palm pre sucks.
    I could almost stand a stock pre but not without overclocking.

I'm running stock right now and noticing things palm apparently fixed but I didn't notice because I had a patch masking it. For example, the browser seems to no longer force a refresh every time it is brought to full screen. So that's a patch I won't need to replace...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I was naked for one day... I almost throw my beloved away... then I remember that I just got this replacement phone. Stock palm pre sucks.
    That almost rhymed all the way through...

So I take it that the general concensous is that a knife in the eye is better than stock

lasted sentence could have been,,,stock palm pre,your alone.,,lol
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I went back from UK because in Las Cruces I got 45 C temperatures all the time. But I might cry without of my patches (hold to open menu in browser for example).
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    sounds like a good country western song.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Today I've decided to get back to my rots and go stock.. No patches no kernels ... Still getting used to webos on a naked Pre Minus.

So how many others have gone naked?

Why in the world would you do such a thing? lol
    Then phone is so darn boring without patches and a blazing fast kernel.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I hate a stock Pre, it's missing too much and has too many annoying sounds. When I first got it, I patched the 2nd day, after that, I never lasted longer than it took the doctor to finish!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I struggled for 3-4 months stock when I first got mine, I really, really wished I'd picked a different phone. For some reason, and it could have been a stupid one, I couldn't get my original Pre found by WOSQI, then I broke it, got a new one, tried WOSQI again and it worked. I'm not sure what I did differently, but what a glorius day it was to finally get Preware, and all the associated goodies that came with it, installed on my phone.
  15.    #15  
    I'm going stock for a number of reasons..
    I miss TMC errors
    Want to see the diff kernels make
    But most of all .. When 2.0 lands I want to see how well it REALLY performs on a minus

I don't think i'd want to.

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I can understand going stock to experiment with WebOS 2.0. But for any other reason? No, I won't let you do it to my Pre!

-- Bring back DateBk!!

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    I'm rocking a stock plus and i don't really mind it tbh. Then again the iPhone 4 is my main device. I only use this when the mood strikes or i know i'm going somewhere where there'll be too many iPhones.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    I can understand going stock to experiment with WebOS 2.0. But for any other reason? No, I won't let you do it to my Pre!

Lol... Stock isn't that bad.. Lets see tomorrow how I fair

I went back to stock and the biggest problem I experienced was lack of compcache from UberKernel. It just made everything horrible. It proved to me that 256MB was really a poor decision on Palm's part. Had they given it 512MB from the start I suspect that the original Pre would have done *much* better.

So I've added back UberKernel and a few patches. One patch that I have *not* put back, however, was the battery icon as percent patch. If I know the exact number, I get a lot more freaked out about battery levels than I do if I know a qualitative state (e.g. green, white, yellow, red). I've also not put back the 4x4/launcher patch.

Most of the rest of the patches I could live without if I had to. But compcache I could not live without. I can live without overclocking a lot more easily than without compcache. Swapping to flash is really bad juju.
    Twitter: dullgeek
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast