1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but here it goes.

So this morning I decided I'd like to venture into installing homebrew apps on my phone. I follow the guide that was posted, but WebOS quick install is saying it cannot find my phone. Anyway I messed around with this for a few hours and decided to give up for now.

My real problem now is that when I plug my phone into my PC it automatically goes into charge mode and will not even ask if I want to charge or go into USB mode.

Anyone have similar issues with this? I just want to get my phone back to the way it was without losing everything.

Thanks
    GuyFromNam posted some good questions that need answering.

Also, if your running windows, open the Start Menu and search for "Services". Open that up and look for 'Palm Novacom'. Make sure that it is running.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  3.    #3  
    Wow. I restarted my computer and now everything is working fine... even webos quick install...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygo View Post
    Wow. I restarted my computer and now everything is working fine... even webos quick install...
    Oh. Well that was easy...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  5.    #5  
    yes, and now im enjoying all these nice homebrew apps!

ah that felt good. i was worried for a bit
    restarting both phone and computer are good first steps in this scenario, also making sure you're plugged into one of the main USB ports in the back (as opposed to the front ones)(I don't know why that is, but on my desktop, I can never see my phone from the front ports) Glad you got it running.
    It's a juice thing, I think.