1.    #1  
    Here's an odd problem. I have installed the "Backgrounds" app from the app catalog. Recently I used it to add this image as my wallpaper.

Worked well. But after Halloween was over, I no longer wanted that image and I chose another one. Except, after a little while the above image came back as my wallpaper. That seemed odd to me, but I switched it back to what I wanted. And then an hour or so later, I noticed that the above image was back. So I switched it to what I wanted again.

Over the last couple of days, this image keeps magically becoming my wallpaper. Here's what I've done to try and get rid of it:
    • Set multiple different pictures from Backgrounds app
    • Set multiple different pictures from the stock Palm wallpapers - including the default one
    • Deleted every instance I could find of the image from the USB storage part of my Pre

It still keeps coming back.

I hate to say that it's like this image is haunting me, but I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Like a freaking poltergeist, it won't go away! I don't think this is stored in the Palm Profile. But it must be stored somewhere on the device other than the space available via USB.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mu7efcer; 11/07/2010 at 05:45 AM.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    or, just open. You photo app and delete the wallpaper you don't want.
    do have another wall paper switching app running? Are you running mode switcher patch?
    The folder where device wallpapers are placed is hidden. Presuming you have 1.4.5, if you have Internalz, set the "Show hidden" preference to On, then navigate to "/media/internal/.wallpapers/". If you connect it to your computer, turn on the ability to see hidden folders, and look in the ".wallpapers" folder.

This is a different folder than the one that is labeled "wallpapers" that you can view from the Photos app.
    really ? The image is haunting you lol . That's funny . It's just in a hidden folder is all.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    do have another wall paper switching app running? Are you running mode switcher patch?
    I don't have a wall paper switching app - at least not as far as I know. I do have the mode switcher patch installed. How would that impact it? As I understand that patch all it does is restart mode switcher on a luna restart.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    The folder where device wallpapers are placed is hidden. Presuming you have 1.4.5, if you have Internalz, set the "Show hidden" preference to On, then navigate to "/media/internal/.wallpapers/". If you connect it to your computer, turn on the ability to see hidden folders, and look in the ".wallpapers" folder.
    That appears to have done it... so far. Thanks.
    Mode Switcher will reset your wallpaper. You can have different wallpapers for different modes.

Anyway sounds like you figured it out.
  9.    #9  
    I didn't realize that mode switcher did that. And sure enough, in the default mode there it is. That's the wallpaper that's set up by default.

Thanks everyone. Poltergeist eliminated. Poltergeist MO now clearly understood.
    using different walpaper is a good way to tell what 'mode' you are in.