1.    #1  
    Hi,
    Just bought a Pre Plus, but the App Catalog doesn't show any apps at all. I'm guessing this is because the Pre hasn't been officially released in my country (India), but if that's true its quite a bummer. Is there any way i can get around this?
    What version of webOS are you running? Perhaps updating to at least 1.4.1.1 will solve the problem.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by rajivdsilva View Post
    Hi,
    Just bought a Pre Plus, but the App Catalog doesn't show any apps at all. I'm guessing this is because the Pre hasn't been officially released in my country (India), but if that's true its quite a bummer. Is there any way i can get around this?
    If it was activated in India, then yes that's the reason.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    whats the solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by AdityaKumar View Post
    whats the solution?
    Sorry, but I don't think that there is one, until Palm fixes the way that the App Catalog works.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Two ways, either wait for Palm to get their act together or use third party programs to download and install apps via your computer.

Check my signature and if you still want to wait, thats fine.

You can download the free apps with a Java program called IPK Fetcher 2.

I havent used the program in ages so im not sure if it handles installation on its own nowadays or if you also need WebOS Quick Install (another tool). I got tired fiddling with installation that way, sort of lost interest in that area of WebOS due to Palms attitude of blocking us in foreign countries.

Anyway im sure someone else on this great forum will fill that info in regarding the tools needed. Btw, try looking in the Pre GSM section for more info.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    There is no solution. The app catalog is tied to the country of first activation. If you activated the device in India then you will not have access to the app catalog as that is not one of the countries we sell apps through.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts