1.    #1  
    I just found this out and thought it was pretty cool. I was reading the forums on precentral.net and did not feel like scrolling with the touchscreen. I proceeded to touch the spacebar and it scrolled down nicely. Sorry if you knew about this but I didn't.
    while we are at it the back button immediately goes to the top of the screen.. Enter goes the end of the screen (page down) and the sym button slowly scrolls up.
    cool find
    Last edited by stu5797; 11/06/2010 at 10:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I just found this out and thought it was pretty cool. I was reading the forums on precentral.net and did not feel like scrolling with the touchscreen. I proceeded to touch the spacebar and it scrolled down nicely. Sorry if you knew about this but I didn't.
    while we are at it the back bottom immediately goes to the tip of the screen.. Enter goes tthe end of the screen (page down) and the sym button slowly scrolls up.
    cool find
    Thanks! This works very well in text entry screens.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I did not know this and I find it very useful. Thank you!
    doesn't this require a patch???
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Yes you are correct. I just checked and this is in Multi Mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Yes, this doesn't work on out-of-the-box phones.

Just more examples of the dozens of logical and useful features that, if they had been included on stock Pre's, could have garnered the Pre some positive 'share of voice' in a demanding and competitive market.

Business school students will be shaking their collective heads for decades to come as they deconstruct the bonehead decisions made by both Palm and HP in the torturous and arrogant destruction of Palm.

What an unfathomable squandering of what was 4 years ago a multi-billion dollar tech giant. ::::choking back the tears:::::
    Quote Originally Posted by ProParkour View Post
    Yes you are correct. I just checked and this is in Multi Mod.
    Sorry to sound like a total newbie; right now my life is too frenetic to spend time becoming an SME here. So this Multi Mod you speak of, what is it? If it is a patch, as context of the thread implies, then where do I go to get it, how do I download it and how do I install it?
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by apoculamus View Post
    Sorry to sound like a total newbie; right now my life is too frenetic to spend time becoming an SME here. So this Multi Mod you speak of, what is it? If it is a patch, as context of the thread implies, then where do I go to get it, how do I download it and how do I install it?
    Thank you.
    Put phone in developer mode (up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,b,a,start)
    Attach your pre to a pc.
    open webos quick install (this needs to be downloaded prior, sorry)
    Click the down arrow to the right
    In the new screen choose the drop down arrow at the top and select ebos- internals feed (Pre)
    Scroll down until you find Preware and put a check in the box.
    Next hit the down load button.
    From the main screen hit install.
    Your phone should reboot and now you will have an icon for preware in your launcher.
    click the icon and agree to the first time user disclaimer stuff.
    do a search for "multi mod"
    Hit the install button.
    Agree to the luna restart (or device restart)
    VIOLA!

Be sure to take your device out of developer mode after your done. Some have said there is a security risk leaving it on all of the time. Do this the same way that you enabled it.
    Only issue with this is that i dont like leaving my keyboard open when im on the net.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I'm trying to look into how to create a patch for "top of page" and "bottom of page" buttons in the browser. Idk what I'm doing tho lol
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Only issue with this is that i dont like leaving my keyboard open when im on the net.
    But its awesome if you have a Pixi
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I keep mine open at all times... for fear of opening and closing problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    But its awesome if you have a Pixi
    Yeah only if Palm would consider the idea of making the Pre bigger with a landscape keyboard and virtual....
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I'm trying to look into how to create a patch for "top of page" and "bottom of page" buttons in the browser. Idk what I'm doing tho lol
    there are already patches for this.
    for buttons on the screen? I havnt seen any in preware. Not for top and bottom of screen.
    for the keyboard
    the gesture area does pageup/page down
    I've disabled that (which is only for landscape) and already have multi mod installed.

specifically, I want "top of page" and "bottom of page" buttns on the screen, but not the stock buttons which are hidden with another patch