Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have a Palm Pre Plus and when I press the voicemail button from the dial pad screen I then have to input my password after I'm connected to voicemail. Is there a way so that I can add to that number my password? I can't seem to find the Voicemail address location.

Thanks
    Curtis
  2.    #2  
    I am using Verizon and the number is in the phone. It's a four digit number followed by the pound key. I can do it by making a speed dial number and assigning it to say the "v" key but from within the dialpad I can't seem to find where to edit the number or add digits.

Thanks
    Curtis
  3.    #3  
    I am using Verizon and the number is in the phone. It's a four digit number followed by the pound key. I can do it by making a speed dial number and assigning it to say the "v" key but from within the dialpad I can't seem to find where to edit the number or add digits.

Thanks
    Curtis
  4.    #4  

Thanks
    Curtis
    I can't edit the voicemail button. For those of us using youmail.com, it's annoying.

webOS 2.0 is supposed to add a favortes button next to it, which will be a little better.

have you tried assigning the entire dialing string to a shortcut on a launcher page? That might work...
    all you have to do is call your voice mail listen for the number you press to edit your settings go into password and set it so you don't have to enter a password when calling from your pre
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by broy83 View Post
    all you have to do is call your voice mail listen for the number you press to edit your settings go into password and set it so you don't have to enter a password when calling from your pre
    But then wouldn't anyone be able to access my voice mail then?
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudyifr View Post
    if you give them your phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if you give them your phone...
    Can you edit the VM number to add pauses?

I used that on my old phone and it worked.

Still wouldn't be good if someone got ahold of your phone.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Verizon does not have an option for no password when dialing from your own number. I've heard you can call customer support and try to tal them into eliminating the need for a password, but that would be a security risk. Sprint allows you to set it yourself.

This is one of my biggest annoyances about the pre plus/verizon.
    Last edited by romls; 11/08/2010 at 10:26 AM.
    switch to youmail. It's free and there is even a webos app for it.

you will thank me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    switch to youmail. It's free and there is even a webos app for it.

you will thank me.
    But is the app free...?
    no, but you don't have to use it. You can have the messages emailed to you as mp3 files, use the browser, etc. Or just call a number to listen. Try it and you will be amazed.

I like using the app, but it's not a problem to work without it. My wife uses youmail on her dumbphone, too.

she especially likes to listen to messages on her PC.

the experience on the web or in the app is very similar to the iPhone visual voice mail app.
    1. Try to create a new contact inside the contact app.
    2. put *86tt<vm pass># as the contact number
    3. assign a speed dial to that contact.

now if you want to access your VM, use the speed dial assigned to that contact instead of the VM icon.

now if you want to access your VM, use the speed dial assigned to that contact instead of the VM icon.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by hot ice View Post

Yea, that works great, like in my original post. The V key is what I have it assigned to. But I'd rather not have to open the phone to do it and would prefer just to press the voicemail button from the dial pad.

Looks like it's no doable.
    Thanks for all the info.

Curtis
    Yea, that works great, like in my original post. The V key is what I have it assigned to. But I'd rather not have to open the phone to do it and would prefer just to press the voicemail button from the dial pad.

Looks like it's no doable.
    Thanks for all the info.

Curtis
    You can't change the VM number inside the VM contact to accomplish this?
    Does anybody know how to do this for a Cox Communications voice mail system? My office voice mail is on Cox, and I've unsuccessfully tried to set up a working speed dial for it, with pauses etc.
    Help appreciated.
    If they already have access to your phone, it's ALL OVAH, BABY ( "You call this one and it's all over, baby" Scotty Nguyen - Poker Videos) anyway.
    Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by broy83 View Post
    This way is the simplest. Period. You can turn the setting on and off. It takes less than 30 seconds. Probably 15.
    Prē
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast