1.    #1  
    I had to get a new Palm Pre Plus because I dropped my original one and there's a chunk of one corner cracked off now. So, I received my new one in the mail today, and I got it set up. It's great...feels good to have a new one. But...none of my pictures transferred!! And the old phone is "unactivated" now or whatever...so I can't get to them.

What can I do?!
    pics do not transfer with your profile,unless you took them out of old pre first via usb,,then I am afraid they are gone. Edit: I didint realize you still had old phone,you still maybe able to get them into your pc. Someone smarter then I will show you how if it is possible
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    pics do not transfer with your profile,unless you took them out of old pre first via usb,,then I am afraid they are gone.
    Ugh! How terribly sad that is. I tried to transfer them to my computer via usb, but I could never find them once I connected my phone to the computer.

blah

Thanks for the info!
    if you still have old pre it may still be possible,not sure,so don't give up hope just yet.
    tell the carrier to reactivate the old phone long enough to start it up and copy the contents of your USB drive. they can do that over the phone. then re-activate the new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by EllenJ21 View Post
    Ugh! How terribly sad that is. I tried to transfer them to my computer via usb, but I could never find them once I connected my phone to the computer.

blah

Thanks for the info!
    Can you not find your pictures in USB mode because you dont know where they are stored? They are in a folder called DCIM and in that folder there is another one called 100palm. Thats where your photos are saved. If you still have your phone Im pretty sure you can still use its basic features even though its not activated. But I may be wrong. Ive never had a deactivated one.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Can you not find your pictures in USB mode because you dont know where they are stored? They are in a folder called DCIM and in that folder there is another one called 100palm. Thats where your photos are saved. If you still have your phone Im pretty sure you can still use its basic features even though its not activated. But I may be wrong. Ive never had a deactivated one.
    It doesn't have the DCIM folder when I connect it to my computer. I don't know why. I'm pretty savvy when it comes to photography, so I know "that" folder pretty well...but it wasn't ever there. I connected it to my computer after deactivating, but not sure it would let me access the folder on the computer until I activated it again.

Not sure that made any sense. lol
    reactivate it so you can look around. the pictures are still there unless you did a complete erase.
    Have you transferred photos from your pre that way before? If its not there then maybe it got deleted. Im assuming you can still navigate through your phone and all. You just dont have service right? If you go to the photos app, are your photos still in there? Take a picture and then plug it in and see if the DCIM folder shows up. If it doesnt, I dont know what else to do.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Have you transferred photos from your pre that way before? If its not there then maybe it got deleted. Im assuming you can still navigate through your phone and all. You just dont have service right? If you go to the photos app, are your photos still in there? Take a picture and then plug it in and see if the DCIM folder shows up. If it doesnt, I dont know what else to do.
    When the Pre isn't activated, it won't allow you to access anything on the phone. You have to sign in to the phone before you can do anything....and then after that, you have to activate it to do anything.

I'm about to call customer service.
  11.    #11  
    I worked with customer service for awhile, and we got it resolved finally!! Phew! Took awhile though since the Pre takes awhile to start up and such.

Sorry for the freak out, everyone. Thanks for the help!!
    Run the Developer Bypass tool. It'll let you access the main OS, and let you drop into USB mode.

developer (dot) palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2051&Itemid=21

(forgive the jacked up link, low post count still...)

Just download the tool and run with the device in recovery mode. the USB portion should not be affected by the bypass.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by FordPrefect View Post
    Run the Developer Bypass tool. It'll let you access the main OS, and let you drop into USB mode.

developer (dot) palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2051&Itemid=21

(forgive the jacked up link, low post count still...)

Just download the tool and run with the device in recovery mode. the USB portion should not be affected by the bypass.
    Hmm...thankfully I have it worked out now because you completely lost me there!! I'm not too good at stuff like that apparently - no clue where to even start. Thank you though!!! I would have begged you to help me out step-by-step if I didn't have it worked out already.
    Quote Originally Posted by EllenJ21 View Post
    I worked with customer service for awhile, and we got it resolved finally!! Phew! Took awhile though since the Pre takes awhile to start up and such.

Sorry for the freak out, everyone. Thanks for the help!!
    excellent news!