1.    #1  
    hello to all the people of Pre central . my problem is that before I connected my pc palm and pre wing would have a window and opened the cell. now comes not only loads the USB mode. other data and did the test the USB cable to the phone. I tried this cable on another pc and it works. I wonder if someone can help me thanks.
    Any chance you left Diagn Mode on? (not Develop mode).
  3.    #3  
    not when I ended up using the usb so I closed and restarted the cell.pero if ever I forget to close it I can do.
    um i cant understand you very well , but are you saying usb mode wont show up when you plug into the computer ?? if so i may know what the problem is . but until you can explain a little bit better .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    open start menu and in the start or search box type in --> services.msc <--- and click on it in the results that pop up , then scroll down in the list that pops up and find palm novacom and right click on it and hit restart and thats it connect phone and you should be good .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    ok. sorry for not explaining well. before when I connect my palm pre with usb cable to pc. appeared a screen saying which option you wanted to take such as media sym, usb drive and just charge. I just put this charge and it was everything. I copied music from my pc to phone. The problem now is when I connect the phone to the pc. the screen with the options don't appears. the phone is only charging energy.
    I didnt get your first post either. But I got your last one. Do you have the "just charge by default" patch installed? When you plug it in and it starts charging, do you have the little icon in the dashboard? If you tap that do you get the options?
  8.    #8  
    I have not installed the patch. can you tell me which is the patch, maybe that is the solution. I want to try it.
    The patch that I mentioned is called "just charge by default." It does what you are describing. The patch makes it so when you plug your phone into a computer, the options dont pop up to go to usb mode or media sync. It just starts charging. Thats why I thought you might have had the patch installed.
  10.    #10  
    is exactly the problem I have, you explained better than me. then I think I have installed the patch. How I uninstall the patch or what I need to do. help me .please.
    If you do in fact have patches installed, you have preware installed. And if you dont have preware on your phone then you dont have any patches. So if you do, open preware and go to installed packages. Scroll and find the patch called "just charge by default." Select that and at the bottom, it will give you an option to remove it. select that and do a luna restart and thats it. This is all assuming you have preware and the patch installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    "then you think"?
    Either you have or you haven't installed it. You can check this by starting Preware and check the patches you've installed.

My guess is your novacom installation is messed up.

Download webOS QuickInstall
    Launch webOS QuickInstall
    Select File > Options
    Select Attempt novacom (re)installation.

You could also try using another USB port and preferably one at the back of your computer.
    OP could've been drunk when he installed the just charge patch, thus resulting in a "morning after" scenario, attempting to find a solution here in the forums XD
  13.    #13  
    I can not install preware because my pc does not recognize my device. have another way to install the Preware.
    You guys are saints,,this is a tough cookie.lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Did you unlock your phone?
  16.    #16  
    everything work good ,just is that f..... problem no bady can help me
    Your problem may be caused by something different than mine was...but I will say that I was experiencing the same problem (e.g., when I plugged into a comp, it would go straight to charging. It wouldn't ask for USB mode/Media Sync/Charge, and my comp wouldn't recognize the pre), but I figured out that for me, the problem was with the cable. Jiggling the cable around eventually got the computer to recognize it, but in the long run, I'll need to buy a new cable.
    Have you ever tried pressing the combination of Orange(or Silver) + Sym + U

maybe it might work, who knows.
    I have the same problem...
    different story:
    I bought a pre with broken screen... changed the screen...
    than... logged in...

what happens?
    the guy that sold me the phone had prewaere, and had the patch to...
    when I log in with my profile, preware is gone and tha patch is still there.
    And I cannot get rid of it, because I would need to go in USB mode
    Webos installer and webos doctor don't recognize the phone...

looking for a solution...but this one is kind of challenging
    Quote Originally Posted by freebob View Post
    I have the same problem...
    different story:
    I bought a pre with broken screen... changed the screen...
    than... logged in...

what happens?
    the guy that sold me the phone had prewaere, and had the patch to...
    when I log in with my profile, preware is gone and tha patch is still there.
    And I cannot get rid of it, because I would need to go in USB mode
    Webos installer and webos doctor don't recognize the phone...

looking for a solution...but this one is kind of challenging
    Challenging? Nah. You have to install the latest novacom driver for your machine.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg