Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been a Pre owner since day 1. I am doing my best to stick with webOS, because I absolutely love it and have invested lots of time, resources, and money into it. But for the sake of argument, suppose I was to get rid of my Pre and look at some other phones Sprint offers. Can any of you make any suggestions (other than the EVO and Epic; I don't want to pay ten extra dollars a month for 4G coverage that is barely there)?

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I can't. I've been with Sprint over 11 years and the Pre is the only one I've loved. Don't get me wrong, when I did research on other carriers I felt none of them had phones worth switching Sprint for. I used to go to Phonescoop.com for most of my information, that stopped the day I read about the Palm Pre.
  3.    #3  
    I love my Pre, I really do! I love webOS! I will buy the next webOS device for Sprint. I promise that. But I have gone through 4 Pres in the last month or so and I need to be able to edit documents on the go (among other things) and need a phone that won't break quite as easily. I am not saying that I am getting rid of it, but I am doing research. Some helpful suggestions would be nice.

I have been with Sprint for a long time and I always had a PALM device. I know people that have other devices and they are happy like BB but I prefer palm.

Now a days the devices are very capable and is basically a matter of preference. All devices have its good and bad in them. I stick to WEB OS.
  5.    #5  
    I feel the need to reiterate that I did not say I was leaving for sure. I am just looking for suggestions for other devices to look at.

I love my Pre and am trying to hold out until we get the next OS phone however if I had to choose I'd go to the Epic. I understand you don't wanna pay the extra $10 a month but to me it would just take me basically back to the normal rate of my service. I get a discount because of where I work on my monthly plan fee so it's really not anything more for me to pay it.
    Ooooh that is a tough question... I have been tempted a couple times by Android, especially since the Evo was released. I think because it's something different, and I like 'new' things. But I also like choices, and I don't think Sprint is offering enough, it's either my Pre with webOS or something with Android..

My Pre is great and I LOVE webOS, but I'm not sure there's anything else it's capable of doing that it already isn't. Kind of to a point where there's nothing else I could learn or do with my Pre besides develop apps, and I think that's why it's starting to bore me.
    I'm really trying to fight this Android bug while I patiently wait for a new device running webOS to be released.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I love my Pre and am trying to hold out until we get the next OS phone however if I had to choose I'd go to the Epic. I understand you don't wanna pay the extra $10 a month but to me it would just take me basically back to the normal rate of my service. I get a discount because of where I work on my monthly plan fee so it's really not anything more for me to pay it.
    It isn't about money. I get a steeply discounted plan with my job. It is the principle of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Ooooh that is a tough question... I have been tempted a couple times by Android, especially since the Evo was released. I think because it's something different, and I like 'new' things. But I also like choices, and I don't think Sprint is offering enough, it's either my Pre with webOS or something with Android..

My Pre is great and I LOVE webOS, but I'm not sure there's anything else it's capable of doing that it already isn't. Kind of to a point where there's nothing else I could learn or do with my Pre besides develop apps, and I think that's why it's starting to bore me.
    I'm really trying to fight this Android bug while I patiently wait for a new device running webOS to be released.
    I am trying to wait but it is hard when I am constantly burning through Pres and it is not fun when my phone craps out during work calls and whatnot.

thats funny alot of people go through pres fast, unless I was a lucky one (i had mine since launch in prestine condition) I have no issue with my sprint pre. I had a EVO on another line for a couple of months and sold it on Ebay (it was my 3rd android phone, just not for me). Though the EVO is a great phone, if you don't mind the size (it is very big to me too big and Im 6'3 220 pounds). I recently got a Pre Plus with a sprint board so I can use it on the Sprint network to hold me over until CES annoucments of the new Sprint devices. To me this is the only thing Id recommend on sprint right now, to just get a pre plus and do it yourself (swapping the boards) or buy one already done I saw a couple on Ebay, and on here (where I got mine).
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    thats funny alot of people go through pres fast, unless I was a lucky one (i had mine since launch in prestine condition)
    my original one worked until it crapped out about 2 months ago; I have gone through a lot since (stupid refurbished ones are all worse than the one before it)

love my pre and I love webos.if,and only if sprint was never gonna carry a webos device again(very doubtful), I will get an epic.
    i think the Epic is the only sprint phone that I would consider. The Centro Pro might also be an option...
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    FWIW, my wife and I both moved to Sprint and got Android phones. (the Hero and EVO respectively) . She soon hated hers (awful phone) so I grabbed her a Pixi. She loved it. I played with it some and began to see why. I had an iPhone before the EVO, so I've tried all the flavors. Long story longer, I'm posting this from my Pre now. I haven't sold the EVO yet, but I'm loving webOS so far.

BTW, anyone got a link to someone selling a Sprint Plus? I've seen the service available, but would love to buy one outright.
    Me...personally...the Pre or better yet WebOS is the only mobile OS that has kept my attention. If Sprint doesn't grace us with another WebOS phone it would be tragic (yes tragic) for many WebOS users. I will glue, bandaide, and rubberband my Pre together until I decide if I want to be raped by the other carriers for new WebOS hardware. I've been with Sprint for over 10yrs and they have been pretty fair, IMO, with phone choices. I believe Sprint will and has to continue to carry WebOS phones due to still having a strong following of what I call the 'The Pre-testers'. I think if we just keep letting Sprint know we (WebOS users) are here and want more they will throw us a bone. Epic and Evo, IMO, are not suitable replacements for Pre. I've used them (bought both for my kids) both and I always keep wanting WebOS like if I was a crack fiend...really. I can't figure out why Android OS is so popular. The OS is not friendly @ all to navigate or I just like WebOS better. Keep the phone OP and hang on for 2011 for new hardware. It's coming....even to Sprint!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirte View Post
    FWIW, my wife and I both moved to Sprint and got Android phones. (the Hero and EVO respectively) . She soon hated hers (awful phone) so I grabbed her a Pixi. She loved it. I played with it some and began to see why. I had an iPhone before the EVO, so I've tried all the flavors. Long story longer, I'm posting this from my Pre now. I haven't sold the EVO yet, but I'm loving webOS so far.

BTW, anyone got a link to someone selling a Sprint Plus? I've seen the service available, but would love to buy one outright.
    hey I may have one, I recently bought a Sprint Pre Plus from a member here, and recently got one off of ebay a day prior. Though the company assured me it was a Sprint Pre Plus, Ill need to check to see first (I just got them today). If it is a Sprint Pre Plus as well i will let you know. Otherwise search Ebay and put in Sprint Pre Plus, but make sure it is for sprint and is a plus version. Alot of people are putting up sprint plus and its not.
    When I switch, it'll probably be an Android phone, both the Evo and Epic are great phones.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    When I switch, it'll probably be an Android phone, both the Evo and Epic are great phones.
    just one thing keeps me from evo,,i need keyboard. But,all moot. Sprint will have hp/webos device.
    really though If no webos phones come, I think Ill go htc pro 7 W7 phone, the OS to me is more clean and business like then any android.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    after my conversation with a Sprint rep in the store last night, he speculated that the next sprint WebOS phone would be a 4G front facing camera device. That I would fully have to wait for if its coming...

But regarding this thread I would consider the Epic... Its screen is gorgeous and I love the keyboard!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I'd have to recommend the EVO. My father has that phone and it is the easier of android phones to navigate and it's more of a polished UI. Certainly it's no WebOS but it's good. I personally gonna wait for CES and hope HP/Palm announces something groundbreaking. I'm sticking to WebOS. It's just that good, you look past the hardware and some of it's flaws.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast