Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    First off let me start by saying i'm a previous webOS (original Pre) user who returned to iPhone because the original Pre and it's subsequent slow progress sucked to me. And iPhone looks set to continue to be my primary device from what i'm seeing in the Palm/HP world.

That said i've always loved webOS and wanted one of its devices as a secondary phone. Recently i found out that O2 were selling the Pre Plus on PAYG for 179.99 (trying to get rid of remaining stock i presume) and i grabbed it immediately without hesitation because part of the reason i didn't get a Plus was because i didn't want to sign up for another contract given my already active iPhone contract.

I'm now wondering if i did the right thing. I don't really care for Pre 2 hardware given that the iPhone 4 hardware is still (in my opinion) superior. Also webOS 2 is coming to the Pre Plus anyway and i doubt i'd get a PRe 2 for 179.99 given that Palm is selling the original Pre for 289.99

So did i do right in getting the Plus?
    Yea definitely. The Pre/Pre Plus overclocked is pretty much on par with the Pre2's performance. IMO, it isn't worth paying full price for a Pre2 when you can get a Pre Plus at such a low cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea definitely. The Pre/Pre Plus overclocked is pretty much on par with the Pre2's performance. IMO, it isn't worth paying full price for a Pre2 when you can get a Pre Plus at such a low cost.
    +1

I'm actually shopping for a Pre Plus myself, but only so I can swap the comm board with my Sprint Pre. Pre 2 wouldn't be worth the money to me if/when it's available.
    +1 I agree as well.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Good to know, thanks guys. Gonna unbox it now and play with it.
    If you are a fan of WebOS, I would think its good to keep one even if you dont use it as your primary device. That way you can keep up with webOS just in case they do come out with better hardware.
    I think you made a good purchase. To be honest, the only users who should consider upgrading are Pre (minus) users and dissatisfied Pixi users. The Pre Plus is a good choice with 2.0 looming

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I think that Hpalm figured they wouldn't have many takers with folks that already have webos devices especially the pre plus. They know they are dealing with a very savvy community. I wouldn't be surprise if they manufactured a limited amount due to CES 2011 coming up.
  9. rs1
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I've just been to three different O2 stores in Central London and none of them had the Pre Plus in stock... One store said to try the store down the road, which said that the Pre Plus had been discontinued. Does anyone know of any O2 stores that still have stock? It's not on O2's online shop either
    @ Kanaka: You made a good choice- as with everyone's comments above, Pre Plus @ 1.0ghz is going to be day/night difference over your stock original Pre.

My plan is that when the Pre Plus 2 eventually drops for At&t (eventually....) I'm going to take advantage of my moms upgrade and upgrade her to the Pre Plus 2. Then switch the SIM cards out, give her my Pre Plus and I keep the Pre Plus 2
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    Even though it's similar in most ways... the pre 2 is a better phone overall. However, having a palm pre or pre plus and overclocking it to 1ghz is fine too. In fact, I have a palm pre overclock to 1ghz and it feels like a phone on steriods.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Even though it's similar in most ways... the pre 2 is a better phone overall. However, having a palm pre or pre plus and overclocking it to 1ghz is fine too. In fact, I have a palm pre overclock to 1ghz and it feels like a phone on steriods.
    yup and for that note (before i switch out the boards for the plus version) on the sprint pre Ive successfully gotton the Blackbird 1.2ghz kernel running stable. Its been 2 weeks now with no bad resets or loops. I set the govanh at 800 min both regular and charging. So if you have a sprint pre, since they lower the freqency on the last update so that weaker pres can run it, try it out the .2mhz is a big difference to me atleast.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    +1

I'm actually shopping for a Pre Plus myself, but only so I can swap the comm board with my Sprint Pre. Pre 2 wouldn't be worth the money to me if/when it's available.
    hey I have one for sale on ebay right now for 110.00 (starting bid) its clean like pretty much new maybe a scratch here and there with a case, and charger let me know if your interested.

Palm Pre Plus (Verizon) refurb prestine cond w/extras - eBay (item 260691375007 end time Nov-16-10 09:32:29 PST)
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    If they change anything concerning the keyboard I would be glad to spend the bucks. This keyboard gives me fits. Big step down from the Treo and even the Centro. The response is so picky and inconsistant.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    +1 from me too...
    I think a Pre Plus is fine. The Pre 2 isn't substantially different and certain improvements are incremental (for example, 3MP cam -> 5MP but still no photo editing, autofocus).

Pre Plus is getting 2.0 so I don't think you're a moron.
    You'd have been a moron if you didn't buy it.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I HAVE been called a moron for buying a Palm Pre Plus, on another phone forum (maemo.org). So, don't feel too bad and there's still a chance that we will all be called morons for our decision to stick with HPalm after all they did to keep us happy and satisfied over the last two years. I love my PPP and still think webOS is the sexiest smartphone platform today.
    Seriously. If you got an iPhone in one hand, and feel that you would like to carry a webOS device with you... how can you be moron? It's simply put a very very good OS, and the Pre Plus is powerful enough to let you enjoy it. Morons are people who haven't ever used webOS and talk stuff, or have used it but don't recognize the potential.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I love my Pre Plus.

The only reason I wouldn't get it today is because I would want to test out webOS 2.0 on a GSM unlocked Pre 2. Though, I'm not a fan of some reported issues with webOS 2.0. Pre Plus's hardware is solid enough and the software is stable.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast