1.    #1  
    This is the 2nd Palm Pre Plus that has done this (both off of ebay), can't get past the "sign in to profile" "create new profile" "cancel" screen. VZ and Palm support both haven't been able to help me. VZ said I should give up after two tries and go with Droid. What gives? Any help would be amazing...
    Do you have verizon service? What does verizon say? If it was a bad ESN verizon would tell you. Need more info.

What on the profile screen can't you get past? what errors if any do you get?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    If, and only if, you're sure that the A1000XXXXX MEID number has
    been activated by Verizon, then for sure you can get it running yourself.
    Actvation can be done by calling Verizon Support or online with your computer.

When you're at the Palm Sign-In screen, use the little symbol
    at the lower part of your screen to make an emergency call.
    When keypad shows up, carefully back out the 911 showing.
    Dial *228, take choice 1, and VOILA! the phone becomes alive.

Let us know if this werks for you!
    Last edited by michaelbsheldon; 11/04/2010 at 10:29 PM. Reason: accuracy
  4.    #4  
    I tried to back out "911" when doing the emergency call, won't let me, keeps dialing 911. I have also spent 4 hours total on the phone w/VZ and Palm and VZ says it's a defective phone (my 2nd apparently) and Palm says it's VZ's fault because I have no service. I have checked (and checked and checked) w/VZ and I do have a data plan and a good MEID number. I have also tried activating it online with VZ, but the step where I have to dial *228 is something neither of these phones that I've tried will let me do. I can only dial 911 or customer service for VZ.
  5.    #5  
    on the profile screen, it won't let me "create a new profile", it keeps telling me that this step failed
  6.    #6  
    oh, when I do the "emergency call", the keypad doesn't show up until after it's already dialed, so it won't let me back it out
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    just start typing on the actual keyboard *228 which is "z" 228 it should switch to dialpad mode itself.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  8.    #8  
    it's already dialing when I get to that point, pretty soon the police will be at my door. This is like the 10th time I've tried to do this, and it won't let me.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    dont select make emergency call....just type *228 while at the login to profile screen.
  10.    #10  
    ok, I'm obviously new at this, I think (thanks to your help) I figured out how to back out the "911" before it dials and now I THINK it's in the process of activating. Keeping my fingers crossed XXX. Nope, says unable to activate and to call 1-800-yada yada
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    maybe u need to call vz back now that u can get the *228 dialing to work.....im on sprint and i have had to manually activate a Pre or 2 in the past. sometimes it auto activates and sometimes u need to manually do it. It maybe similar with VZ.
  12.    #12  
    got it, 2nd try at activation is a charm
    thanks to everyone, more help than VZ and Palm put together
    I love seeing the helpfulness around here!!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    great to hear...............now remember the very first thing u do with your new Pre is to................................INSTALL PREWARE.............then overclock it to 1gz

Ok so maybe thats just me but good luck with the new toy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    great to hear...............now remember the very first thing u do with your new Pre is to................................INSTALL PREWARE.............then overclock it to 1gz

Ok so maybe thats just me but good luck with the new toy!!

Nooooooo!!! Don't give helpless people ideas. LOL!! However your suggestion is something I do almost immediately unless you have a wussy Pre, which I had and has to stay below 1Ghz.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    Nooooooo!!! Don't give helpless people ideas. LOL!! However your suggestion is something I do almost immediately unless you have a wussy Pre, which I had and has to stay below 1Ghz.
    True but overclocking via Preware has become rather "stable" imop.

But to that I will change my comment to "read up on overclocking and when u feel worthy give it a try"

hows that...........better ??