1. beh
    Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts
    I did a search but didn't find an on point thread. Are there any considerations in how a spare battery is carried? That is does the battery need any protection from shorting or accidental discharge? Thanks.
    I used to just let them rill around in my backpack. You can't hurt them. Now I have an external charger so I just keep a battery in that
    when i used to have a pre i kept two in my wallet. couldn't really notice them, they're like the same height as four credit cards stacked up or something like that
    Yeah, I kept mine in my wallet too.
    Husband carries his in his pocket and I carry mine in the zipper portion of my purse with my iPod, 2 sets of headphones, and various store/department store coupons.
    Wallet. It goes where I go so very convenient especially when battery is about to die.
    I don't notice the bulk of it either. It sure feels nice not having to worry about limiting my power consumption. The only hassle is to having to swap out the fresh battery in order to charge the near dead one.
    Quote Originally Posted by beh View Post
    I did a search but didn't find an on point thread. Are there any considerations in how a spare battery is carried? That is does the battery need any protection from shorting or accidental discharge?
    You can get a battery charger that doubles as a case. Click on picture below, price on ebay is currently $9.99 - Buy it Now price (this one is used, you can search for new ones.)

...In addition to those comments - I would suggest storing your battery at full charge.(keep the cells active)
    Mine are stuffed in a little pocket in my laptop bag.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

If you are in an area of extreme temperature changes, there are pouches used for storing medicines in your car, that can work for protecting from extreme heat or cold.

That said, I have a little change purse attached to my car keys, that I keep batteries in. I also try to remember to charge them all once a month.

Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    If you are in an area of extreme temperature changes, there are pouches used for storing medicines in your car, that can work for protecting from extreme heat or cold.
    Link? I googled it but didn't find anything.
    Another vote for just keeping it in the wallet.