1.    #1  
    I came from a Treo 755p and it had a great feature. When I did not want to answer a call because I was in a meeting, I could automaticaly text the number on the caller ID from the phone with a series of pre-chosen responses. Do we have any app that will do that? I have found a multitude of apps that have premade texts messages, but they reqruire you to open the app and input the phone number. I have not found one that will allow me to just text reply the last caller on my caller id pad on the phone. Any help out there?
    I agree. The best alternative at the moment is to tap their name in the call list and text from that. It's just a couple of extra taps.
    Do you mean as the call comes in you can touch something and it opens up the text feature? As Can'tAffordIt stated in the Recent calls list or missed calls list where has the 'contact pic' you hit htat and the SMS button is there. I know that some phones and 'canned' responses. Does our Pre's have it? Hmmmmmmmm
    yep, the treo/centro had this awesme third choice when someone called. Answer, ignore, ignore with text.

it was really cool.
    That would be so cool. I don't think I'd ever seen that before. Hmmmmmmmm HPalm you listening. I found something to put on my wish list with my LOCK FEATURE for texts.
    the way to do it on the pre is for the dialer app to stay open to the missed call screen. From there you can tap the name and choose to send them a text. It's pretty close to the same thing once you get used to it.

another cool thing we could do with that is that palmOS had something called short cuts. I could type OTPW (on the phone wife) and it would automatically replace it with 'hi, sweetie. I'm in a meeting so i'll cal you back or you can text me if it's quick. I love you!'

very useful.
    awwwwwwww look at the love in that thought! LOL!

Is there an Ap for shortcuts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yep, the treo/centro had this awesme third choice when someone called. Answer, ignore, ignore with text.

it was really cool.
    I had a phone once that could do that. Reply with a pre-canned text. I used it all the time. It wasn't even a Palm, and the phone wasn't a very smart phone either.

Perhaps someone will make a patch for that. This is something I can really use. Day in, and day out.
    once webOS 2 gets here, it will be possible again.
    You know secrets?????
    I do miss that feature with my Treo and Centro on Sprint

While on a business call that could be long, if my wife called, I could see her name and reply with a canned response without disconnecting the first call.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    You know secrets?????
    it was discussed in Dieter's review.
    It's already possible with sconix's Advanced Configuration for System Preferences patch - although there is only space for one global "call reject" text message.

For preset text options there are a variety of paid apps and a couple of free ones. P2Snippets is free and probably the most versatile. TxtReady is also free and quite good, though it only works for SMS (P2Snippets can be used for any sort of text entry: the Web, e-mail, memos, what-have-you).

I don't think any of the preset text apps can be applied to an incoming call automatically as yet.

once webOS 2 gets here, it will be possible again.
    Cool.

As far as the stock phone, there were a lot of functions that the Treo series had that were superior to the Pre; the Pre just has a superior interface. Now the webOS functionality has to catch up a bit, which it has been steadily doing.

1.4.5 is better than previous updates; I have no doubt that 2.0 will be better still.
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    I do miss that feature with my Treo and Centro on Sprint

While on a business call that could be long, if my wife called, I could see her name and reply with a canned response without disconnecting the first call.
    until 2.0, there are apps such as QuckText that will do that for you.
    ahhhh guess I missed the review. LOL! I just look for everyone in here to tell me about things.
    Mr. Happy, do you have preware installed. There are LOTS of things in there that will add back many of the things you miss from your treo.
    Just use the sconix's patch ACSP
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit
    Mr. Happy, do you have preware installed. There are LOTS of things in there that will add back many of the things you miss from your treo.
    Yes, I know.

I'm patched from here to eternity and back. Thus my reference to sconix's Advanced Configuration for System Preferences patch.

I was speaking in terms of the out-of-the-box stock functionality.

One could hack the hell out of a Treo as well.
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    Yes, I know.

I'm patched from here to eternity and back.

I was speaking in terms of the out-of-the-box stock functionality.

One could hack the hell out of a Treo as well.
    yep. The good news is that many of the popular patches will have similar functionality in the base OS.