1.    #1  
    I use wifi tethering and so I have to keep my screen awake so that my 3G does not go to sleep. Is there a patch or app to run to keep it awake or to keep the 3G signal alive while the screen is off? Thanks for the help in advance.
    turning off the screen should not be shutting off your 3g connection. Something else is going on.
    You said WiFi tethering, that doesn't use 3G and 3G won't sleep and shut off, as Cantaffordit said. WiFi, however, does, so is that what you meant?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    the phone uses 3g to talk to the internet, and wifi to talk to the computer that is tethered to the phone.

neither radio should go to sleep when the mhs is active.

is there any chance that the OP is using mode switcher?
  5.    #5  
    im not using mode switcher or anything. Maybe I just did it a few times and had problems with other things and thought it was the screen shutting off. I will try with the screen off and see what happens. Thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the phone uses 3g to talk to the internet, and wifi to talk to the computer that is tethered to the phone.

neither radio should go to sleep when the mhs is active.

is there any chance that the OP is using mode switcher?
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I've just read a few other posts that said WiFI slept when the screen turned off, but I don't know what the problem turned out to be. I've never used MHS, myself.
  7.    #7  
    Everything seems to be working great with MHS and it asleep. Thanks everyoen
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I've just read a few other posts that said WiFI slept when the screen turned off, but I don't know what the problem turned out to be. I've never used MHS, myself.
    you are correct, there is a setting to make wifi sleep with the screen to save battery, but mhs overrides that.
    Ah, that makes sense, then.