Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    I've benn noticing that the bezel around my keyboard is getting scratched due to the slider is there any placeto buy a new one.
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    not sure but it has happen to my pres before and it's not the slider it's the screen it's self when sliding it down it ruvs the plastic on the keyboard bezel on the upper left and right sides and the bottom lip of the bezel
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    do you guys know if a palm pre plus screen assembly would work with a palm pre-. I know how to take apart my pre I just like the pre plus screen without the buttuon better.
    Quote Originally Posted by precon22 View Post
    do you guys know if a palm pre plus screen assembly would work with a palm pre-. I know how to take apart my pre I just like the pre plus screen without the buttuon better.
    I'm asuming your with Sprint? You might as well buy a Verizon Pre Plus and swap the Sprint Comm board into it. Then you'll have the screen you like and also the added storage and RAM
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    good point I really want too and someone has one here brand new for 200 bucks but I'm always broke
    It might happen due to how the Pre is being opened. If you are opening it by pushing down and up near the gesture area then you will get these scratches because you will be pushing the two parts together
    Oh, ok. I'll make sure not to do that. Thank You.

[i]-- Post from my palm pre.
    I've seen around 20-30 Pres and they all had this to some extent.
    Sounds foolish to expect your carrier to replace the phone for you because of usage marks.
    (unless they're excessive and beyond your control)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I've seen around 20-30 Pres and they all had this to some extent.
    Sounds foolish to expect your carrier to replace the phone for you because of usage marks.
    (unless they're excessive and beyond your control)
    Mine has the same marks.
    Its just ware and tear on a cheaply made phone.
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    well I wasn't asking for it replaced by my carrier I was looking for a new bezel so I can replace it. I'm pretty sure that is what I wrote. And how am I supposed to open the pre
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    myapolgies I didn't read that psot lol thanks for pointing that out
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I'm pretty sure you weren't either.
    I'm also pretty sure I wasn't referring to your post.
    Read your thread
    I made that suggestion base on the op's disgust on how the slider look. None of my phone as any wear and tear like that. I suggest before you comment on a person thread/post you take a little time to read it better. Quote: Those two halves should not be touching like that. If the sight of it bothers you, then take it to a sprint repair center and explain your problem. They "Might" replace the phone for you..Quote ends.. I was just simply stating a suggestion/option.
    well I wasn't asking for it replaced by my carrier I was looking for a new bezel so I can replace it. I'm pretty sure that is what I wrote. And how am I supposed to open the pre
    Well i personally open from the sides, holding firmly each side and pushing up.
    myapolgies I didn't read that psot lol thanks for pointing that out
    LOL - I shouldn't have either!
    You guys are so anal. I love my pre and clean it every other day, but minor thing like this hardly bother me. $200 to replace? Sounds rather excessive if you ask me...