Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I've been using a stock Palm Pre with Sprint for over a year now, having faith that HPalm would provide.

After a recent fix to my headset problem with a paperclip and a power button fix with a piece of paper, I've fallen back in love with my totally stock Pre.

I bought this phone to be a total internet device replacement, and I'm regaining faith now that this little engine just might if properly spurred.

Looks like Sprint is not biting with the PP2, so I've decided instead to get a laptop with the upgrade money I saved and overclock this puppy and go all-out homebrew to continue with Sprint/HPalm until CES.

Anybody with me? 'Cause we gotta do for ourselves until Sprint/HPalm catch up with us.
    I'm with you. Palm Pre Minus baby.
    "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?
    "I got a question for you. Why are you still here?"
    #WhatsaDollaHolla! http://up-toprec.webs.com/
    www.reverbnation.com/christophercapicherobbin
    http://soundcloud.com/christopher-capiche-robbin
    www.dopetracks.com/JTMoneyBaggs
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Im all here.
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    I just plussed mine.. Pluses are getting cheap and my mines was on it's last legs so it worked out.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I'm a defector lol and im kinda loving it. 28 more days to make a final decision
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I just plussed mine.. Pluses are getting cheap and my mines was on it's last legs so it worked out.
    ditto. mine's still a sprint pre at heart... literally. my pre and i are "secret lovers" (cue the song).
    I still have my June 6, 2009 release day Sprint Palm Pre. I'm overclocking it to 800 MHz with Uber-Kernel and Govnah, and I have lots of homebrew and patches with Preware installed. It's a very usable device this way, and I am satisfied. I will, however, be getting whatever next webOS handheld device Sprint releases, if they do release one.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    I still have my June 6, 2009 release day Sprint Palm Pre. I'm overclocking it to 800 MHz with Uber-Kernel and Govnah, and I have lots of homebrew and patches with Preware installed. It's a very usable device this way, and I am satisfied. I will, however, be getting whatever next webOS handheld device Sprint releases, if they do release one.
    The only thing I have to edit here is that I'm at 1000MHz.

I love my Pre, even though I can't make private phone calls without a headset.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    +1 for the Sprint Pre minus. (with a little help from Govnah) Sprint means 2yr till they subsidize your next device anyway, so even the earliest adopters have to wait til summer '11 or pay full price. Would be very nice if Sprint offers a new webOS device by then, but I don't see going through the hassle of switching carriers if Sprint doesn't offer the new webOS device (like they SHOULD). Otherwise I'd better start tuning in to Androidcentral...and learning how to root without the help of Jason or Rod...

Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    @IcerC: Are you saying you did surgery and added some flash memory to your Pre minus? Or you jumped ship to another carrier?
    I'm in

not super interested in pp2 anyway.

I am starting to cinsider going franken pre.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    I want to franken pre mine, I found a brand new inbox palm pre plus for 200 bucks today on craigslist gonna buy when I get some cash
    Quote Originally Posted by comwom View Post
    +1 for the Sprint Pre minus. (with a little help from Govnah) Sprint means 2yr till they subsidize your next device anyway, so even the earliest adopters have to wait til summer '11 or pay full price. Would be very nice if Sprint offers a new webOS device by then, but I don't see going through the hassle of switching carriers if Sprint doesn't offer the new webOS device (like they SHOULD). Otherwise I'd better start tuning in to Androidcentral...and learning how to root without the help of Jason or Rod...

@IcerC: Are you saying you did surgery and added some flash memory to your Pre minus? Or you jumped ship to another carrier?
    I think many Sprint Pre users are Premier customers, due to the required data plan. That means an upgrade after 1 year, I already qualify for my upgrade; & I've only had my Pre for a year.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    day one Sprint Pre Minus, overclocked to 800, 48 patches. My phone works flawlessly, overclocking has been a God send. Cracked cover by USB door, missing USB door cover (thanks honey), fresh blacktop-drop-chunk out of corner and I still love this phone. One way or another I'm sticking with Sprint and HP Palm even if I have to buy a new Pre Minus (yikes that's a horrible thought)
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Yup as a Premier customer I'm due for a discount but at the moment Sprint doesn't offer anything I like better than what I already have...
    I'm a day one Pre loyalist. I've had to replace my 060609 once since then (button went bad) but am still very happy with it now because of Preware. Mine is overclocked at 1ghz and patched out to my liking.

There are SO many things that I love about the Pre, size,TS,WebOS like most of you I could name more but I have to say I will not switch carriers for new hardware. I have four lines with Sprint (two Pres and two Pixis) so it's not worth the nightmare.

I TRULY hope that HP/Palm and Sprint will offer the PP2 sometime next year. If not I will most likely stay with my Pre till it dies and either buy another off CL or jump ship for Android. But for now I'm holding out till next year as long as I can.

My son took his Pre for a swim and it is glitching some so I might switch him to an Android first so he can figure out what works best for us Ex-Pre users that want a nicer OS.

I'm really very annoyed that Sprint isn't going with PP2.
    I've posted this before, but it speaks to this topic.

With overclocking (the most important thing to come from homebrew IMO) I don't feel that my Pre is all that out-of-date, nor am I in any hurry to upgrade. It works great, is plenty "snappy" for me, and there's more/better apps every day. webOS 2.0 looks like a very nice, major upgrade and should run just fine on my original Pre.

I would like a larger screen (in the same form factor) ... but that's really not enough to make me throw away my investment (money & time) in webOS.

C'mon 2.0!
    my one year old pre was wacking out bad. the screen was acting up and i felt the phone was on its last legs. i took it to a sprint repair center last week and left it there for 30 minutes. i came back and found a brand new screen and probably new guts. it is a new phone and i will be good at least another year! it is really a fine piece.
    Still lovin my Pre since month 1 (although i missed opening day.) I've got more patches than a quilting society! three touchstones, overclocked to G...Too make a short story long I'm in!!
    Still have my original (non-plus) Pre. Sure hope it lasts until Sprint makes another webOS device available.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Pre since day 1 and still here

My Themes:CLICK HERE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast