Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I wonder if HP/Palm is even working on this? Facebook places is pretty cool and I'd love to be able to use it without having to download another app like Foursquare and add all my friends there too..

Anyone else out there want it? I'm hoping they bring it to the Facebook App fairly soon, because all my iPhone friends use it, and it'd be nice to be on par with them.
    It would be nice to have and quite the time saver
    you'll get that in webos 2.0. Then you can use places on the facebook touch site, so wait...lol
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  4.    #4  
    Awesomesoss.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    No webOS

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    No webOS

Yea, I saw that too.
    You are definitely not the only one. I made a few comments about it earlier today:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2744024

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2744513

I am also tired of Foursqaure, since it doesn't post my logins to FB anyway. From what I hear though, we should be able to get it with webOS 2.0
    alex just checked in at home....look I just did the same thing that "places" does...minus the map
    I see no reason for wanting everyone to know where I am. I can't stand most people and where I go is my own business!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I agree...the only time I want people to know where I am is maybe on weekends....and the people I want to know were usually involved in the decision making anway so no need to let the whole world know
    Exactly! Those in the know, know! Those that don't, don't need to!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I see no reason for wanting everyone to know where I am. I can't stand most people and where I go is my own business!
    well, not everyone, just your friends.... (if you can't stand your friends, why are they your friends?) ;-) ...people you WANT to know where you are. Like google latitude, the user selects who can see where they are. (and it can be turned on and off at will .)

Great for families, groups, clubs and other organizations who want to keep track of each other on a ski mountain or amusement park... etc.
    It must use the gps, and my Pre Plus doesn't work. My foursquare doesn't work at all. So even if they add this feature, I doubt verizon Pre Plus can enjoy it that much. I wish they fix the gps issue

It's fun on vacation to check in at places. This way your friends can 'follow' you on your trip. AND, when you get back, going over all the places you have checked in at helps in recounting the trip.
    I use facebook alot and I never heard of places. Or maybe I just choose to ignore it because I don't care and don't need it.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Foursquare works fine on my Verizon Pre+ thanks to the GPS Fix app.

I prefer Foursquare to Facebook Places because I already give that company (FB) too much information about me. I prefer to spread the privacy infringements around
    facebook places is their attempt to copy/kill foursquare..
  18.    #18  
    As much as I could get into foursquare, I grow tired of simply creating another account and having to add all my friends that use it. It's much easier to already have my friends on facebook know where I'm at without having to e-mail them an invite and have them download a foursquare app in order to know what's up. But I probably won't even use Facebook places too much, just when I get a chance on weekends like someone else mentioned.
    Exactly; I don't want people knowing my whereabouts. Its bad enough with cell phones people are supposed to be available to answer anytime or anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    facebook places is their attempt to copy/kill foursquare..
    and they will succeed. as the guy below you posted, people only want to use so many different social media apps (other than the people who are really into it, obviously). i think a lot of casual social media users who wouldn't want to go through the trouble of having to open up foursquare will think 'oh, well i'm already on facebook, i may as well check in'. in fact i've caught myself doing the same thing and i've deleted foursquare from my device.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast