1.    #1  
    I recently go a palm pre plus, and i have a few questions:

- Power issues. This thing as bad battery life guys, do i need to buy a new battery? or is the typical? What techniques do u suggest to conserve battery?

- I got preware! what patches are essential?? Any sweet apps out there?

- I go to device info, and it says "Palm Pre"(not plus), is this normal?

Thanks!
    A. It's typical. You can pick up a spare if you want, but there's probably nothing wrong with your battery.

B. None are really essential. I just scrolled through all of them by app to find the ones I like. Overclocking is nice though.

C. Yes it's normal.

Good luck and welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by chargersfan85 View Post

- Power issues. This thing as bad battery life guys, do i need to buy a new battery? or is the typical? What techniques do u suggest to conserve battery?

Thanks!
    Hey mate, let me take a swing at answering your questions, and if you have anymore just ask!

First off, yes, the PrPrPr'$s$ $battery$ $life$ $is$ ****$e$, $to$ $say$ $the$ $least$. $To$ $extend$ $its$' $life$ $simply$ $turn$ $off$ $any$ $uneeded$ $features$ $like$ $GPS$, $Data$, $Fetch$ $and$ $so$ $on$. $Turning$ $the$ $screen$'$s$ $brightness$ $all$ $the$ $way$ $down$ ($which$ $is$ $still$ $fairly$ $bright$) $and$ $making$ $the$ $device$ $auto$-$lock$ $in$ $30$ $seconds$ ($compaired$ $to$ $the$ $normal$ $60$) $will$ $make$ $all$ $the$ $difference$ $as$ $well$. $Also$, $the$ $Pr$'$s$ $battery$ $is$ $Li$ $based$, $so$ $it$'$s$ $better$ $to$ $top$-$off$ $then$ $let$ $the$ $battery$ $drain$ $completely$. $So$ $charge$ $as$ $often$ $as$ $you$ $can$!

As for patches, I keep things fairly simple myself. I use the Virtual Keyboard, which I can say is a must, and I overclock with Govnah (you can search the forum for more information on this, don't let it intimidate you, it's very easy!). Other then that, I have Dr. Battery, which tells you your battery's life and charge: life meaning how much your battery can hold out of it's original limit and charge meaning how much is left untill your next charge is needed (that's as simple as I can put it). I'd reccomend this, it'll insure you that you doc or don't, need a new battery (I can already tell you you don't, but it never hurts to be safe). I also have Reduce Minimum Brightness, which does exactly what it suggests.

And, the device reading "Palm Pre" is 110% normal.

Hope this helped!
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    The battery life can be significantly increased with some adjustments:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ving-tips.html

Patches;yes! Over-clocking;yes!

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...r-patches.html
    Quote Originally Posted by chargersfan85 View Post

Thanks!
    1. If you JUST got a new Pre, the battery life will be miserable for the first few days. I'd recommend downloading the Dr. Battery app from Preware to check on your battery's health. One of the main things that kills a battery quick is being in a poor service area. Your phone needs to work harder to maintain a connection which causes the increased power drain.

Here are some tips to improve battery life:
    http://www.precentral.net/how-tips-i...g-battery-life

2. The patches i recommend to most would definitely be sconix's Advanced patches. Advanced Configuration for App Launcher is my favorite.

If you are interested in getting more performance out of your Pre Plus, you should check out UberKernal and Govnah. These will allow you to overclock your device and will drastically increase performance! However, overclocking is never 100% safe and will void your warranty if Palm finds out you've been using it.

The Internalz app will allow you to navigate your Pre's file system. You'll have the ability to move, copy, replace, delete, view, and modify many types of files.

If you like handheld gaming, then VisualBoyAdvance is a must! You can download it from Preware. There is also a SNES emulator in the official App Catalog.

3. I'm sure it's a Plus lol. The Pre Minus has a white button on the front and orange numbers on the keypad. The Pre Plus does not have the button and all the lettering on the keyboard is white/gray.

General tips and tricks for new users:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ted-guide.html
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Everyone's got you pretty well covered for the most part (this community is one of the best parts about owning a webOS device!!!). But I have a little to add in regard to question number 2:

Patches
    I agree with Gavin that the advanced patches are awesome! They're pretty intense though, with features available that don't exactly "jump out" at the user, so it's advisable to check out the wiki to familiarize yourself with everything they can do. Note: If you haven't installed any patches yet you can totally skip all the stuff in the wiki regarding the EPR

Another patch I personally find crucial is "No Auto Refresh After Idle". Normally if you're switching between cards and you return to a web browser card it would refresh the page. This would irritate the hell out of me! I like to pick up right where I left off. This does what it says in that the pages are there waiting for you just as you left them. HUGE. For me anyway.

Then there's a trio by developer Sconix (who also did the "advanced" patches) that I also find really awesome. There's:

"System Menu Mods v1" which lets the user customize the device menu, which drops down when you tap in the upper right corner, making it easy to toggle the wifi, phone, Bluetooth, GPS, and data radios, and other various phone settings. I don't use BT so I hide that option. I posted some screen shots.

"System Menu Today Menu" displays upcoming calendar appointments when the tap or drag the the top menu in the middle. Pretty cool if you use the calendar.

Those two depend on "System Menu Initial Framework" which makes those two work. This might download automatically.

I use about 40 other patches. Really it's about making the device your own. I suggest at least reading ALL of their names, if not investigating many further.

Apps

There aren't two many homebrew apps I use but Dr. Podder is great if you do the podcast thing and Music Remix 2 is a really awesome media player if you listen to music on the device.

If you have problems with the device slowing down or getting Too Many Cards error or anything like that you might look into something like "Preset Reset" which will allow you to schedule reboots of your device.
    Attached Images Attached Images