Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What is the site that coverts pre minuses to PLUSES. I cant find it and I was just reading about it. You send the pre in with the plus and they do the dirty work
    Thanks if you can help.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I believe you are looking for this.
    Anyone have any experience with this?
  4.    #4  
    I am going to try it
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I'm holding out to see if they mod the Pre 2 when it's released on Verizon. That way, if Sprint doesn't get the Pre 2, I can get that. If it they can't do it, then I'll go with the Pre Plus Mod, or wait to see if the "Super Phone" is anounced at CES. That's just me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I'm holding out to see if they mod the Pre 2 when it's released on Verizon. That way, if Sprint doesn't get the Pre 2, I can get that. If it they can't do it, then I'll go with the Pre Plus Mod, or wait to see if the "Super Phone" is anounced at CES. That's just me though.
    From the early explorations of the 2.0 Doctor, it seems like it will be possible.
    Hey Folks,

It's definitely webOS World that does it. I am the person on the team who does the swap personally. You can PM me with questions, or email me for anything. I'm not going to put a link to the site because PreCentral considers it spam to link to your own site/service, so the link is in the second post of this thread (thanks RMB). We've had our first customer right now, and have two more pending. I'll request them to reply to us or I guess vouch for us, and we can put up their responses in the Services section of our website, so you can check them out for yourselves.

Garrett92C: I know! I really can't wait. I'm pretty certain that the Pre 2 board swap is possible... Only a matter of time... I'm REALLY excited.

I can also guarantee that if the board swap with a Pre 2 is possible, we will definitely offer that service as well. I'm assuming we find out probably around Developer Day Nov 20th.
  9.    #9  
    when I do this will both my pre for verizon and sprint both work on the appropriate network?
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    when I do this will both my pre for verizon and sprint both work on the appropriate network?
    If both phones were working previously (good ESN if verizon for example) then yes you will have two working phones come back.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Yup. IcerC beat me to it. Both phones will be fully functional (as their previous state) to both networks. As long as you have access to the numbers, you can even activate an unactivated (yet modified device). In other words, if you had a working Sprint Pre and an unactivated Verizon Plus, and you do the swap, the Sprint Pre Plus will work fine on Sprint and you can call Verizon to activate the Pre Minus on their network (with the appropriate IMEI).

Hope that made sense!
  12.    #12  
    perfect sense! Thanks!
  13.    #13  
    filled out the form Please pm if you did not get it
    So bad ESN Verizon phones will work just fine?
    Would it be possible to get back workable Sprint Pre plus and At&t Pre after the swap (i.e. both workable)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    filled out the form Please pm if you did not get it
    You'll receive an email when we've gotten your form. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    So bad ESN Verizon phones will work just fine?
    Yeah, the verizon phone's ESN doesn't matter. It's just that your other device (The Verizon Pre Minus) will be the bad ESN phone at that point. In which case, you could leave it with us to qualify for the discount .

Quote Originally Posted by DumbPreCommenter View Post
    Would it be possible to get back workable Sprint Pre plus and At&t Pre after the swap (i.e. both workable)
    It is definitely possible to get back both workable phones after the swap. I have my Sprint Pre Plus as well as my AT&T Pre Minus sitting right next to me. Both, fully functional. .
    Guys,

I feel kind of bad using PreCentral forums as the gateway for communication... I understand a lot more people visit this site than webOS World, however, I don't feel comfortable using this site. If you don't mind, could you head on over to our site and use the comments on the article for questions/comments? Or you can always email us, I just don't want PreCentral getting upset or thinking we're soliciting our business on their forums.
    Considering that we switch Pres like hot cakes........

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  19.    #19  
    I did not get an automated email? Was I supposed to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Considering that we switch Pres like hot cakes........
    hahaha I understand... I just don't want to be caught/put PreCentral in a bad situation... : /

I did not get an automated email? Was I supposed to?
    No, not an automated email. We haven't set up the system yet. I checked, and we have received your application. You'll be getting a confirmation email soon.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast