Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    sirata... if the pre2 comes to verizon will it be easy for you to turn any pre 2 to a sprint pre 2?
    Yup. When the Pre 2 comes out on Verizon, the Sprint Pre 2 is instantly guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by pointy View Post
    My USB drive is acting weird. I cant transfer large amount of files without encountering errors. Both my music and photos couldnt be transferred. The few files that move over before the error take a very long time also.

I think I might have figured out why my battery was worse. When I signed into my google account, it logged me into google talk. I know this uses a lot of power. Im not 100% sure yet cus I just noticed it tonight. I will know tomorrow.

Now that I have given up trying to fix the USB and just live with that I'm starting to enjoy the pre plus a lot more. It is really nice not having the lag or TMC, no matter how many cards I have open. I can really see the pre plus shining when they release webos 2.0. The phone functions perfectly fine even though there is a USB issue.
    I can see the USB drive thing being a problem. I think its a hardware issue. I would suggest if it gets too much then try a doctor, hopefully that would help. Anyway, the gtalk will definitely drain your battery on webOS < 2.0. I never kept it on. Now with my Pre 2 and 2.0.1, I leave it on all the time. It's awesome. That should hopefully get rid of your battery drain issues. I'm glad you're starting to enjoy your Plus a bit more than before now.
    Quote Originally Posted by pointy View Post
    how do you like that forums app? I almost bought it the other day but it didn't have a list of forums that support it. can you check if corral.net is on there. it's the other forum I visit a lot.
    I LOVE this application. It was great in beta and now that it has hit the marketplace it's been skinned with a slick UI. Also, I just checked and corral.net is available. Really your question should have been posted on the application's thread or you can pm me any time. I just don't want to get too off topic here so message if you have any more questions and I'll be glad to help. The app runs great on my Sprint Pre Plus too btw (topical relevance)
    Haha this thread just died didn't it? Is anybody still waiting to get their Pre plussed? Success stories? I'd like to mention that I actually save money now by not having the $7/month insurance on my phone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'm still happy with my plussed Pre. Though, whenever the new hardware is announced, I'm sure I'll be willing to part with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    Haha this thread just died didn't it? Is anybody still waiting to get their Pre plussed? Success stories?
    Haha, yeah this thread did kind of trickle down. Which is fine by me, really. The less interest there is in plussing, the more likelihood of a new device. Can't complain with that. Luckily the wait time has dropped down to almost nothing now-a-days. I do have one or two orders come in every week or so. There's multiple success stories. I was going to write an article on webosworld about our success stories and the feedback we've gotten so far. We've had one problem (which was our fault) and it was promptly taken care of with positive feedback from the customer. We've had another problem (which is USPS's fault), and we're looking into it. All in all, I think it was a great program and went really well. Ofcourse we're still open for business and are more than happy to do it for anyone who still wants a legacy Palm device for a sibling/family member/friend etc.

I'd like to mention that I actually save money now by not having the $7/month insurance on my phone.
    Good point. I also cancelled my TEP recently. Made no sense to keep it going at this point. Especially since I have a Pre 2 on Sprint...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirte View Post
    I'm still happy with my plussed Pre. Though, whenever the new hardware is announced, I'm sure I'll be willing to part with it.
    That's exactly how I feel. .
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Haha, yeah this thread did kind of trickle down. Which is fine by me, really. The less interest there is in plussing, the more likelihood of a new device. Can't complain with that. Luckily the wait time has dropped down to almost nothing now-a-days. . . .
    Well I received the 1st email stating I would get another email with instructions & the address to send my pre- & pre+ too. But I haven't received the 2nd email yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Well I received the 1st email stating I would get another email with instructions & the address to send my pre- & pre+ too. But I haven't received the 2nd email yet.
    That email was incompletely worded. We expect an email back verifying the information we sent out in the previous email. Once that email is received, THEN we sent out the instructions/address. Sorry about the confusion...

If you can email back right now with the verification I'll send out the instructions email ASAP.
    That email was incompletely worded. We expect an email back verifying the information we sent out in the previous email. Once that email is received, THEN we sent out the instructions/address. Sorry about the confusion...

If you can email back right now with the verification I'll send out the instructions email ASAP.
    I resent the reply email, looking forward to getting the Pre plussed! Thanx

I resent the email & I even re-applied on the webOSworld site. I still have not received anything. I'm just sitting here with a pre- & a pre+, are you guys still doing the conversions or did I miss out?
    Sorry bodyshop, I have received your email and my finger is literally hovering over the confirmation email send button. I just need to fix some stuff internally. It won't take more than a day now. Expect the email tomorrow.

Thanks for bearing with me.
    Sorry bodyshop, I have received your email and my finger is literally hovering over the confirmation email send button. I just need to fix some stuff internally. It won't take more than a day now. Expect the email tomorrow.

Thanks for bearing with me.
    No problem, just wanted to make sure it was still available. Fix what ever you have to internally & get back to me. just try to do it before the 30th so I can avoid that extra $10 per month charge.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    No problem, just wanted to make sure it was still available. Fix what ever you have to internally & get back to me. just try to do it before the 30th so I can avoid that extra $10 per month charge.
    Wait... does this have to be done before Sprint ups the ante?!? I've been looking for a Plus to do this with, but didn't think I'd have to worry about the price change. Thanks in advance. Mac
    Technically, yes. For now, the rules require you to ESN swap to another phone while I have your Sprint phone. I essentially do not want to be responsible for any calls/texts/voicemails you get at the time. I will not answer, nor will I keep a record of them.

After Sprint enables this foolish premium data charge, I can alter my rules a bit to allow you to send in your phones in while they are activated. As long as you remember that I'm not responsible for any missed/lost communication going through that phone.

I suggest making a new google account, getting a google voice number (the same as your actual Sprint Number) and then sending the phone in. That way, at least you'll get missed calls/messages etc.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Ay caramba! I didn't even think about the Sprint change. Figured I'd upgrade to a Plus and see how long that holds me until I have to get another phone and pay Sprint 10 extra bucks a month for it.

Glad you have a solution to avoid the Sprint increase. I don't think I'll mind the downtime, but a Google # is an I'm in as soon as I acquire a reasonably priced Plus. Been holding out for an ATT one - think I remember the build quality being a bit better than the Vz one, yes?
    If you leave your service on your Sprint phone, you don't have to worry about the ESN swap charge. All Sprint knows is that you have the same device (device, for Sprint, means comms board for Pre owners).

So since you have the same comms board, Sprint doesn't think you "changed" devices, cuz technically you didn't.

Hope that makes sense.

As for the build quality. I don't think there was a huge deal with VZW Pre Plusses. I heard they had keyboard issues, but I'm almost positive that was a side effect from Verizon trying to gimp the software and messing something else up. I could be wrong.

I have not heard any complaints from my customers (majority of which have been VZW Pre Plusses).

Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    I think it makes sense, and it's what I thought in the beginning. I didn't think I'd be affected, but the comment from bodyshop regarding the deadline got me worried.

I see a bunch more Vz Pluses as opposed to ATTs too. Vz is by far the dominant carrier in my area, and gsm signal is not very strong here either. I may not have a choice, I may have to go with a Vz Plus. As soon as I get a Plus, my order goes in. I'd happily try it myself, but my chances of screwing it up would be pretty high, and you've done it a bunch, with success.
    So when the PRE 3 comes out, will you be able to do a Sprint conversion if Sprint doesn't get the PRE 3?
    Yup. When the Pre 2 comes out on Verizon, the Sprint Pre 2 is instantly guaranteed.

I can see the USB drive thing being a problem. I think its a hardware issue. I would suggest if it gets too much then try a doctor, hopefully that would help. Anyway, the gtalk will definitely drain your battery on webOS < 2.0. I never kept it on. Now with my Pre 2 and 2.0.1, I leave it on all the time. It's awesome. That should hopefully get rid of your battery drain issues. I'm glad you're starting to enjoy your Plus a bit more than before now.

Thanks for this. I purchased the Pre 2 unlocked about a week ago and am already considering returning it because of AT&T. I can't go back to my Pre though, I've been spoiled with the feel of the Pre 2. I look forward to sending them both to you as soon as you think you're ready!
    Bummer that without 2.0 updates to legacy hardware, even if someone swaps a sprin pre for a pre 2, it will be stuck with 1.4.5 (unless there is a doctor release for sprint).

Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Thanks for this. I purchased the Pre 2 unlocked about a week ago and am already considering returning it because of AT&T. I can't go back to my Pre though, I've been spoiled with the feel of the Pre 2. I look forward to sending them both to you as soon as you think you're ready!
    I'm currently looking into this and will post back with *hopefully* good news once I've figured it out.

Bummer that without 2.0 updates to legacy hardware, even if someone swaps a sprin pre for a pre 2, it will be stuck with 1.4.5 (unless there is a doctor release for sprint).

That is not true. A Pre 2 will always run the latest OS version for the Pre 2, regardless of carrier. That is, ofcourse, assuming the Meta-Doctor technique can be applied. However, the Pre 2 currently runs 2.0.1, and does not downgrade to 1.4.5 when on Sprint. My Pre 2 on Sprint is currently (happily) running 2.0.1, and I will hopefully be able to upgrade to the new OS versions as soon as they are available for the unlocked Pre 2.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast