Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I won't quote grndslm for space reasons or FCC regulations or Communications statutes. Anyone is anyone without equivocation and whether one accepts the given statutes (laws) or regulations (laws) doesn't mean they aren't bound by them.

What SirataXero is doing is LEGAL because he is not changing the ESN attached to a given radio. He is simply swapping a radio with its attached ESN into another housing.

All of the afforementioned reglations and statutes seem to be relevant for changing an ESN for a given radio. That is what is illegal. Also, the agreement to use any FCC licensed device gives implied acceptance of the rules for using that device.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Has anyone whos' done this conversion of Sprint Pre Minus to Sprint Pre Plus (Former verizon phone) had any issues playing mp3's? I feel like I'm the only one who ended up this way and its the weirdest thing but everything worked fine, tokens transferred fine, activated fine, everything seems to work (minus bluetooth) and this mp3 playback issue. Any mp3 I play from any app, including stock music app or ringtone selector, plays bits of the mp3 then skips ahead a few seconds, plays a few more seconds, then skips again. However, I can playback mp4 (.m4a files) just fine along with video, youtube, streaming audio apps, etc. I've doctored twice to the real doc since the token doc. If anyone has ran into this or has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Sorta defeats the purpose of having the 16Gigs when I can't play mp3's correctly :P
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Has anyone whos' done this conversion of Sprint Pre Minus to Sprint Pre Plus (Former verizon phone) had any issues playing mp3's?...
    I had trouble playing mp3s after I loaded my phone up, but this used to happen before the swap for me and all I needed to do was battery pull. Really, everything has been working great! I got worried when I first started to download all my apps, the phone signed out of my palm profile and reset so I had to do it all again, but it has been good ever since. Thanks WebOS world!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by pointy View Post
    Hey Sirata,

I just activated the Pre Plus you sent me and I am having a few problems restoring everything to the new device.

First of all, there is no option for "MediaSync" when I plug it into the computer. How do I put my music on it?

Second, I started to copy all my photos over and after about 30 sec, it has an error and the USB disk doesnt show any files until I unplug the Pre and re-plug it in.

It seems like I am habing some problems with my USB drive. Do you have any idea what is wrong?
    To enable media sync again go to the device info application and swipe down from the top left to show the menu. You will see an option to enable media sync.

As far as the usb drive, make sure the phone is fully ejected from the computer to prevent indexing errors. I have noticed that my sprint pre plus seems to usb transfer slower than before but I may simply be mistaken.

Hey Sirata,

I just activated the Pre Plus you sent me and I am having a few problems restoring everything to the new device.

First of all, there is no option for "MediaSync" when I plug it into the computer. How do I put my music on it?
    As FidelitySydrom suggested above, Sorry I didn't check if you had 1.4.1 before or not, I just doctor with the latest webOS version. 1.4.5 doesn't have MediaSync available by default.

Second, I started to copy all my photos over and after about 30 sec, it has an error and the USB disk doesnt show any files until I unplug the Pre and re-plug it in.

It seems like I am habing some problems with my USB drive. Do you have any idea what is wrong?
    That's a little odd. I'd suggest backing up your USB Drive (which I assume you've already done) and going into Device Info and doing a complete wipe (USB Drive and Apps) and starting over. The Doctor doesn't wipe the USB drive so if you still have remnants of files left over, they COULD be causing corruption problems. Also double check to make sure your cable is plugged in properly (from both ends). Sometimes a little jiggle in the cable can cause annoying results. Hopefully, these few suggestions will help you out.

Thanks to FidelitySyndrom for offering help as well.

Please post back if the problem goes away or continues.
    Actually, I read somewhere else on this forum about someone who was having trouble transferring large files as well. For the life of me I can't remember where or who, I can't even remember if the problem was resolved or if the suggestion was just to move over small subsets of files at a time...

I'll try to find the thread here and get back to you if I can.
    thanks sirata.

I also want to add that I tried 2 different USB cables and 2 different laptops, so I am pretty sure it is the Pre Plus.
    I see.

Here's the thread on it: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ing-files.html

Looks like you're right, it's a hardware issue that most people are having. Odd. It appears the only suggestion is to move over files in smaller denominations. :/. You could also try doing the WiFi file transfer thing the one guy did... although that seems like a longshot.
    Sirata you are awesome for proof reading that forum and posting a link. Just saying...you rock!

Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    Sirata you are awesome for proof reading that forum and posting a link. Just saying...you rock!

Thanks!

and you rock for having an awesome avatar!
    seems like alot to go thru for what another 8gig of storage?
  11.    #111  
    Plussing is the best thing that has happened to my pre. Webos World does an amazing job and I cant wait to get my pre sent to them to 2 it. The plus can handle more tasks with no lag, more memory and I have found much better build quality and battery life. If I had to do it all over again I would.
    'Thanks Sirata!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    it's really the extra ram...512 vs 256
    +1
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Ok. Well Is it really worth the Plussing? Because Im thinking about doing it but on the other hand, Ive got all the music and media I really want on my pre and I still have almost 2 gigs of free space left. And I have it overclocked at 1ghz. So Would it really be worth spending the money? Or am I just fine where im at. Because honestly Im happy with my pre as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by rreichle1 View Post
    seems like alot to go thru for what another 8gig of storage?
    It depends on what your view of "a lot to go through" is...

it's really the extra ram...512 vs 256
    Personally, it's a bit more than just the RAM.

battery drain seems almost double worse on pre plus than my original pre.
    Something's definitely wrong with your phone. Battery drain should not be worse on your Plus than your Minus. Are you overclocking? Check your email settings/general battery saving tips to see if there's something different.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWhite0429 View Post
    Ok. Well Is it really worth the Plussing? Because Im thinking about doing it but on the other hand, Ive got all the music and media I really want on my pre and I still have almost 2 gigs of free space left. And I have it overclocked at 1ghz. So Would it really be worth spending the money? Or am I just fine where im at. Because honestly Im happy with my pre as it is.
    If you're fine with what you have, I don't think there's any reason for you to swap up. Personally speaking, the Pre Plus isn't much of an upgrade. I like the fact that they came up with a better device, smoothed out a few hardware issues, and upped the specs a little, but I think it's a very personal decision. If you care for the extra RAM, extra storage space, a bit of better build quality, then I'd say go for it. If you're fine with where you are, then there really isn't much of a difference.

I understand i'm the one offering the service so obviously I'm going to imply that it's worth getting the service done...

but in all honesty, it's really up to you. I feel like if you can find a good deal for a Pre Plus (I don't know, I'd say around $60/$50 or less) then it's probably worth it. Otherwise, you're just wasting your money. As for the Pre 2, I don't think the Pre 2 is worth a $500 upgrade either. If you can find a good deal for the Pre 2 (developer discount), then maybe. Otherwise, in a few months Sprint SHOULD (I REALLY REALLY HOPE SO) be getting a much better device and that won't require you sending your phone to someone on the internet.

I will say this though:

Pre Minus -> Pre Plus: noticeable difference in quality and performance of the phone (at least for me).

Pre Plus -> Pre 2: SIGNIFICANT difference in EVERYTHING, from quality, performance, responsiveness, battery life, EVERYTHING. As everyone said, it's a combination of 2.0 as well as better hardware, but the Pre 2 is BEAUTIFUL.

I really want to try to offer that service ASAP. THAT service would definitely be worth it. The Pre Plus... it really depends on your personal preference. I hope this helps a few of you.

As always, I'm available to discuss this with any of you anytime you want. You can PM me/message on this thread/email me (sirataxero at gmail.com), or any way you can contact me. I try to be as unbiased as possible while talking to people. I already had a customer who was signed up for the service but decided against it because they were thinking of getting a Pre 2, etc. I told them I can hold off on their service and let them pick, but I suggested just waiting a few months to see what Sprint comes up with. They went with the "hold off on the plussing" suggestion, perfectly fine with me.

Honestly, I'm not in this service to make money. I'm in this service because I thought having a Pre Plus is definitely better than the Pre Minus that Sprint cursed us with. I knew there would be others who felt the same. If you don't want to do the service, I'm not going to convince you to do it. If you want to, just know that i'm here. .
    iMHO, it wasn't worth it. The pre plus does run great with the extra ram but I feel like I wasted $200. I have had a few problems that others don't, but even without those, I wish I wouldve just waited for the next palm device to hit sprint.
    That's a pretty big shame. I'm sorry to hear that. If you want, I know I did your plussing so if you want to send me your phone I can take a look at it and try to see if I can fix the problem(s) or not (free of charge).

everyone has to decide for themself.
    100% agree.
    iMHO, it wasn't worth it. The pre plus does run great with the extra ram but I feel like I wasted $200. I have had a few problems that others don't, but even without those, I wish I wouldve just waited for the next palm device to hit sprint.

everyone has to decide for themself.
    What problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Depending on what happens at CES i might be going the plus or 2 route, but i just wanted to say thank you for providing this service and your level of professionalism. People like yourself are what make this a great place to be.
    Plussing was totally worth it. I use my phone much differently now because I keep several cards open, type faster on the keyboard, load multiple apps at a time, and because everything loads faster I don't hesitate to play a couple quick levels on angry birds even if I only have a minute or two. And if I have to stop before I want to, I just minimize the card without worrying about the "too many cards" error plagues the pre minus. Now I can wait as long as sprint takes to release a new webos phone.

19.    #119  
    sirata... if the pre2 comes to verizon will it be easy for you to turn any pre 2 to a sprint pre 2?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    My USB drive is acting weird. I cant transfer large amount of files without encountering errors...
    I know this solution is not ideal, but it will work to use the Wifi Media Sync application to get stuff on and off your phone; and with style I might add.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast