Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Sarata offers a great service! I am one very happy customer! I am on my sprint pre plus now that he completed soo quickly! He was soo fast and responsive and priced so fair!
    thanks again Sarata!
    Can the Pre Plus have a bad ESN?
    It doesn't matter because the board you're switching it with houses the bad ESN, and you're not registering it on Verizon/AT&T's network.

Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Sarata offers a great service! I am one very happy customer! I am on my sprint pre plus now that he completed soo quickly! He was soo fast and responsive and priced so fair!
    thanks again Sarata!
    Just curious, is there any physical evidence of such switching?
  4.    #64  
    you can't tell at all! I am soo glad I did this! Sirata does an amazing job! It is soo woth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    This looks to be a great service and quite reasonably priced. One of the requirements is to have both Pre- and Pre+ fully functional. I have a Pre- with a damaged (non-responsive) touchscreen but I know everything else works (I can make and receive phone calls and all alerts come through just fine). Would that be ok? Also, is the ESN tied in to the comm board so when we activate it, we use the Pre- ESN (didn't see this in the FAQ)?

Thanks for providing the service and much luck in your venture!
    The Pre- does not need to be in FULLY functioning condition. However, we need to be able to extract the tokens. If that is still possible (should be getting easier soon, thanks to WebOS Internals) we can use it. I'll send out an update once I know it's possible without using the screen from the Pre -.

thanks again Sarata!
    No Problem! I'm glad you enjoyed our service. Thanks for your business! .

Quote Originally Posted by demontooth View Post
    Can the Pre Plus have a bad ESN?
    Yes. The Plus does not matter. Your second phone (the new minus) will be useless (if the ESN is bad). However, if your Sprint ESN is fine, there shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Just curious, is there any physical evidence of such switching?
    As stu5797 mentioned:

you can't tell at all! I am soo glad I did this! Sirata does an amazing job! It is soo woth it!
    There's no physical evidence of the switching itself at all. The only way you can tell is a tiny little sticker on the top left screw on the inside of your phone (when you take off the battery cover). This is the warranty screw that Palm uses to make sure no one has tampered with the insides of their phone. If this sticker is punctured (which we need to do, in order to perform this service) your warranty is void.
    @ SirataXero

I will be receiving my Unlocked GSM Pre 2 today from HP. Shoot me a PM when you know if you can do the Sprint Pre minus to Sprint Pre 2 conversion. I would go to the site and register but the good old US gov firewall keeps me out of the webos world site.

Anyway if you can do it, I will GLADLY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY be one of the first in line.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    @ SirataXero

I will be receiving my Unlocked GSM Pre 2 today from HP. Shoot me a PM when you know if you can do the Sprint Pre minus to Sprint Pre 2 conversion. I would go to the site and register but the good old US gov firewall keeps me out of the webos world site.

Anyway if you can do it, I will GLADLY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY be one of the first in line.
    Hey pastorrich, thanks for the offer. I'm here at Dev Day NYC and I watched Rod (not 3 feet away from me) perform the swap himself. Looks like it is possible, but the backup of the Palm Profile (as of now) is not. We'll try to refine the process, see if it's doable, and then make an update to our service.
    How long does it take for you to reply to customers who fill out form on your website. I've filled it out twice and no reply. Patiently waiting for reply so that I can send my phones in to be converted.

please pm about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RADTECHTX View Post
    How long does it take for you to reply to customers who fill out form on your website. I've filled it out twice and no reply. Patiently waiting for reply so that I can send my phones in to be converted.

please pm about this.
    where are you located? I submitted online 2 and never got a response. found a guy on Craigslist who is a member here and was selling a Plussed Sprint Pre. I emailed him and he did it for me for only $50. since he was local and we could meet, he had it done in 1 day!!!
    Members here are awesome! Thanks StinkyFischer
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    any word yet on if y'all can start taking orders for the Pre 2 swap?
    First, thanks for this service. Second, I filled out an application yesterday and am hoping you are not too backed up, but I'm wondering if I can make a small change to my application. I opted to keep my Sprint phone, but have decided against it after all. I purchased a Verizon Pre Plus with a bad ESN and after reading this forum I see that a Pre Minus on Verizon with a bad ESN will be useless to me. Please change my application accordingly when you have a chance; I am very sorry for any confusion. My last name is Keef
    any news for us Canadians?? or is this just for sprint? Poor Bell users always get left behind
    Quote Originally Posted by RADTECHTX View Post

please pm about this.
    Hey Badtechtx,

Sorry about the long delay. There's no need to fill out the application twice. We're *slowly* getting through our requests and will get to you when we can. Sit tight!

Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    where are you located? I submitted online 2 and never got a response. found a guy on Craigslist who is a member here and was selling a Plussed Sprint Pre. I emailed him and he did it for me for only $50. since he was local and we could meet, he had it done in 1 day!!!
    Members here are awesome! Thanks StinkyFischer
    That's not a bad idea at all. Remember, you are not bound to us until you actually send your phones in. If you'd like to cancel your order, please send us an email and let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by led_zeppelin84 View Post
    any word yet on if y'all can start taking orders for the Pre 2 swap?
    I am currently working on the Pre 2 swap myself. Its nowhere close to being finalized for "mass consumption" yet. There's still a lot of steps to go.

Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    First, thanks for this service. Second, I filled out an application yesterday and am hoping you are not too backed up, but I'm wondering if I can make a small change to my application. I opted to keep my Sprint phone, but have decided against it after all. I purchased a Verizon Pre Plus with a bad ESN and after reading this forum I see that a Pre Minus on Verizon with a bad ESN will be useless to me. Please change my application accordingly when you have a chance; I am very sorry for any confusion. My last name is Keef
    No Problem. We'll take care of it from our end.

Quote Originally Posted by amunir View Post
    any news for us Canadians?? or is this just for sprint? Poor Bell users always get left behind
    We are still considering doing it internationally. There will have to be a few changes (like requiring return shipping labels, etc) for international orders, but I think we can eventually accommodate those as well.
    In Dallas
    Last edited by RADTECHTX; 11/29/2010 at 04:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    thanks, y'all are awesome
    Looking forward to a full, successful 2-ing of a Pre-. Can't wait until you are ready to start taking orders for these, SirataXero, as I will definitely be in line. Since I love the Pre form factor, an upgrade to a 2 on Sprint would be perfect for me.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  17.    #77  
    I am looking forward to this as well! Sirata did an awesome job plussing my pre!
    I just got my Pre Plus today! I am so excited to see your great work. I hope you aren't too backed up on orders, I don't know if I can stand much more of the anticipation! Just give the word and I'm ready to send my phones. Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Looking forward to a full, successful 2-ing of a Pre-. Can't wait until you are ready to start taking orders for these, SirataXero, as I will definitely be in line. Since I love the Pre form factor, an upgrade to a 2 on Sprint would be perfect for me.
    Yeah... I can't wait till this happens either! Haha. Unfortunately,i had to hand over the research to WebOS Internals because I only have my main Sprint phone to experiment on and kinda needed it to be functional. However,im sure those guys will figure it out a lot sooner than I could have. :P. We'll definitely offer that service when this swapping is 100% reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by led_zeppelin84 View Post
    thanks, y'all are awesome
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback! We really do appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    I just got my Pre Plus today! I am so excited to see your great work. I hope you aren't too backed up on orders, I don't know if I can stand much more of the anticipation! Just give the word and I'm ready to send my phones. Thanks again!
    That's great! Unfortunately we are a little backed up for now. I would say your wait time is about a week. However, as long as you've filled out the application once, just hold on. We'll definitely get to you. .
  20.    #80  
    sirata... Can I be first on the waiting list for the sprint pre 2? I want to beat the rush. Lol
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast