Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 142
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    That is EXACTLY what I'm thinking. I mean, I've had perfect luck with my Pre, still on my original one. But I'm worried that with my luck, as soon as I do the swap I'll somehow manage to finally break my phone.

    I'm still really considering this service though, especially with the lack of Pre2 on Sprint. I'm capable of doing the swap myself, but it would be so nice to put the responsibility on someone else (SirataXero) for a little bit of money. I'm just not sure what I'd do without my Pre while the swap is being done. Shouldn't have sold my Centro
    So my question to the people that have had this done, what did you do for a phone while yours was away? Go without or what? Should I pick up a dumb phone too when I buy my Pre Plus?
    We still have our Centros but going back to them is a scarry thought at this point, could only do it in a true emergency situation. I think I would go back to my old A920 (I think that was the model) that is floating around the house somewhere). But if I were to do this, my cheap *** would be doing it on my own.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  2. #42  
    @Sirata what are you planning on doing with the Pre -'s you end up with? Just curious since you waive your fee if you keep the Sprint phone.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Well, nobody yet. But the same guy who's providing people with Sprint Pre Pluses will VERY LIKELY also be able to provide us with Sprint Pre 2s as well.
    Yeah. Let's hope that guy knows how to do the 2's. .

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    @Sirata what are you planning on doing with the Pre -'s you end up with? Just curious since you waive your fee if you keep the Sprint phone.
    Well, initially, I like having spares in case something breaks. Then, I also like to take apart the phones and get comfortable with their insides. Helps to repair problems when something's wrong. I also plan to donate some to webOS Internals after I'm done with them. Assuming they'd care, since by that time they'd be pretty obsolete.

    WebOS World may end up having a parts store as well. We'd provide cheaper parts than other companies out there, so we might try that route as well.
  4. #44  
    Cool Cool, good stuff!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5. ski21's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #45  
    SirataXero, I just want to say thanks for what your doing. I recently got my sprint pre and I'm learning the in's and out's of the webos. I'll probably not take advantage of the plusing, but when you guys do the 2's, I'm sure I wll take advantage of that. But just wanted to let you know that your work is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    SirataXero, I just want to say thanks for what your doing. I recently got my sprint pre and I'm learning the in's and out's of the webos. I'll probably not take advantage of the plusing, but when you guys do the 2's, I'm sure I wll take advantage of that. But just wanted to let you know that your work is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Thanks Ski21! I appreciate your kind words. I'm just trying to have laymen (who aren't as comfortable with linux/hardware modding as the good folks at webOS Internals etc. are) to have the same opportunities as everyone else.

    Yeah, I really hope I can get our phones 2'd. That would be awesome. I'm working on getting more people on our team able to do this mod so that we an support the demand. I'm sure there'll be a lot more people lining up to get 2'd than there are to get Plussed now...
  7. #47  
    I have also been making Sprint Pre Pluses for sale and doing it for people i have done about 100 of them so far not a one had a prob,
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  8. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #48  
    is there a way the service can transfer the board with the ram and memory to my pre- instead of the comm board to the pre+. My pre- is in excellent shape. the plusses leave me nonplussed (oh, oh )
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I have also been making Sprint Pre Pluses for sale and doing it for people i have done about 100 of them so far not a one had a prob,
    That's cool. I don't have as much experience as that, but the ones I have done have been pretty good so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    is there a way the service can transfer the board with the ram and memory to my pre- instead of the comm board to the pre+. My pre- is in excellent shape. the plusses leave me nonplussed (oh, oh )
    We're working on learning the procedure for something like that. We'll post up an article if we ever end up doing something like that as well. It would definitely help out a lot of users.
  10.    #50  
    thanks again for the service sarata! Can you confirm you received my fedex to you? You should have received it today.
    thanks
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    thanks again for the service sarata! Can you confirm you received my fedex to you? You should have received it today.
    thanks
    Hey stu5797,

    Your phones have been received, processed and successfully converted. They'll be shipped back to you as soon as we get your payment and you'll receive an official email from us when they're on the way. Thanks for being a customer! You'll get more details in an email tomorrow.
  12.    #52  
    Wow Thanks! Payment sent! Please let me know if for any reason you did not receive.
    Thanks again and we will probably be doing business soon! (as long as I can get my hands on a PRE 2 somehow???
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Wow Thanks! Payment sent! Please let me know if for any reason you did not receive.
    Thanks again and we will probably be doing business soon! (as long as I can get my hands on a PRE 2 somehow???
    Got it. Thanks! Phones sent back earlier today. More details and info to follow in an email. Thanks for your business. .
  14. #54  
    well since i don't have a website and all those nice forms to fill up but I absolutely will have the same results than the other guys i'll will give anyone that wants to do it whit me a 20% off whatever they are charging you leaving clear that you would have to be a little more patient here cause i'm only ONE, send a pm if you like what you just read.
    Last edited by armepocho; 11/10/2010 at 10:27 PM.
  15. kshadeed's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #55  
    may I have that email 2, I wanna pulse my pre I have a AT&T plus and a Sprint pre, can u do that?
  16. #56  
    You will be receiving a unit to be Plus'd soon from me!
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by armepocho View Post
    well since i don't have a website and all those nice forms to fill up but I absolutely will have the same results than the other guys i'll will give anyone that wants to do it whit me a 20% off whatever they are charging you leaving clear that you would have to be a little more patient here cause i'm only ONE, send a pm if you like what you just read.
    hahaha. That's an enticing offer... I guess...

    Quote Originally Posted by kshadeed View Post
    may I have that email 2, I wanna pulse my pre I have a AT&T plus and a Sprint pre, can u do that?
    Just head on over to WebOS World Sprint Pre “Plussing” Service Now Available. Sign up Now! WebOS World , read all the rules, and apply on the online form. We can definitely hook you up with a Sprint Pre Plus and an AT&T Pre Minus. .

    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    You will be receiving a unit to be Plus'd soon from me!
    Awesome! Look forward to doing business with you.
  18. #58  
    yeah I signed with you guys at webosworld already (under i told u so .com, ceeaser28) I think this is great SIRATAXERO is doing this service for us. I recieved the first email conferming my order just waiting for the second one to ship. Also for the people who have bought phones scratched up, I may have a product that will restore all blemishes on our pres (due to the surface being plastic). I will be trying the product out once I recieve it, and posting pics if it works.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    yeah I signed with you guys at webosworld already (under i told u so .com, ceeaser28) I think this is great SIRATAXERO is doing this service for us. I recieved the first email conferming my order just waiting for the second one to ship. Also for the people who have bought phones scratched up, I may have a product that will restore all blemishes on our pres (due to the surface being plastic). I will be trying the product out once I recieve it, and posting pics if it works.
    Awesome! Yup, you're in the system. We'll eventually get to you. I promise! >.<.

    Also, that's awesome. If you find a good product that helps in restoring the shine and cleanliness of the Pre, I may just pick it up and offer it as a free add-on service to my plussing. I already clean up the phones with a microfiber cloth as well as I can before I return them. This would be a great add-on! Please let me know (with pictures, if possible) how it goes.

    Thanks!
  20. #60  
    This looks to be a great service and quite reasonably priced. One of the requirements is to have both Pre- and Pre+ fully functional. I have a Pre- with a damaged (non-responsive) touchscreen but I know everything else works (I can make and receive phone calls and all alerts come through just fine). Would that be ok? Also, is the ESN tied in to the comm board so when we activate it, we use the Pre- ESN (didn't see this in the FAQ)?

    Thanks for providing the service and much luck in your venture!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions