Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    thanks so much! Look forward to working with you!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Hey Folks,

Looks like PreCentral is Ok with this thread, for now. Go ahead and continue posting questions/comments on here, please.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    thanks so much! Look forward to working with you!
    No problem! We look forward to Plussing your Pre. .
  3.    #23  
    I was ready to ship my pres to you today but never got your email.
    thanks
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    After the memory optimizations with 2.0 will adding more ram really be neccessary for better performance on pre minuses?
    I was ready to ship my pres to you today but never got your email.
    thanks
    Hey,

Sorry about that. We've been a little busy. We have a few orders before yours and are working on getting through them as well. We have more people starting to get trained in the procedure so that it's not just tied down by one person's availability (mine). You have been sent the confirmation email now.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    After the memory optimizations with 2.0 will adding more ram really be neccessary for better performance on pre minuses?
    More RAM is never a bad thing. .

I sure hope the optimizations in 2.0 will be enough to warrant such a modification moot, however to be honest, I highly doubt it. I'm sure (more like I HOPE) that 2.0 will be better optimized and solve problems such as the TMC error, etc., I highly doubt that it will be able to run perfectly smooth (smoother than < 2.0 versions) on a Sprint Pre Minus.

Until we know that for sure, and are completely satisfied, I guess a service like this will be necessary.
  7.    #27  
    thanks so much! Just sent an email back! I made sure the verizon plus on craigslist was mint so it would be like getting a new phone. Thanks for offering the service. Very exciting stufff!
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Yes. More ram is GREAT. Better CPU is AWESOME. 3x the battery life of an OC'ed Pre1 is AMAZING. Better transflective screen that is highly visible in direct sunlight is SPECTACULAR.

I mean... a Pre2 is what you want.

Why consider a Sprint Pre Plus when you can have a Sprint Pre 2 in just one more week?? I don't understand.
  9.    #29  
    I just bought a perfect pre plus off of craigslist for 88. Do you know what a pre 2 will cost!!!
    thanks so much! Just sent an email back! I made sure the verizon plus on craigslist was mint so it would be like getting a new phone. Thanks for offering the service. Very exciting stufff!
    No Problemo. Got your email. You're apparently more interested than the guy before you, guess you qualify! haha. You'll be getting more details soon. Either tonight or by tomorrow. Congrats! You also qualify for the free gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Why consider a Sprint Pre Plus when you can have a Sprint Pre 2 in just one more week?? I don't understand.
    Very valid point. One that was brought up a while ago as well. The justification, as mentioned here:

I just bought a perfect pre plus off of craigslist for 88. Do you know what a pre 2 will cost!!!
    Price is a major factor. We're also not sure if it's a week or not. There's no guarantee on that. Trust me, I would LOVE to get a Pre 2 working on Sprint. Heck, I'll be helping the webOS Internals guys as soon as it sounds like its plausible (and if I can get my hands on a 2). I'm also thinking of offering a massive discount for those who have used our Plussing service and want to 2 their Plus now. So, in the end, if you have a little bit extra $$ lying around, why not! haha
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Yes. More ram is GREAT. Better CPU is AWESOME. 3x the battery life of an OC'ed Pre1 is AMAZING. Better transflective screen that is highly visible in direct sunlight is SPECTACULAR.

I mean... a Pre2 is what you want.

Who in the world told you Sprint is getting the Pre 2?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    hahahaha. I didn't want to bring up that point as an argument cuz I figured he assumed it would be just easy to 2 a minus as it is to plus a minus...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    hahahaha. I didn't want to bring up that point as an argument cuz I figured he assumed it would be just easy to 2 a minus as it is to plus a minus...
    Yeah, i thought i missed the big news haha. And i would plus my Sprint Pre too, but the hardware is so unreliable. I dont want to have to plus another Pre in another month or so. My contract runs out in december, so month my warranty runs off.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I dont want to have to plus another Pre
    That is EXACTLY what I'm thinking. I mean, I've had perfect luck with my Pre, still on my original one. But I'm worried that with my luck, as soon as I do the swap I'll somehow manage to finally break my phone.

I'm still really considering this service though, especially with the lack of Pre2 on Sprint. I'm capable of doing the swap myself, but it would be so nice to put the responsibility on someone else (SirataXero) for a little bit of money. I'm just not sure what I'd do without my Pre while the swap is being done. Shouldn't have sold my Centro
    So my question to the people that have had this done, what did you do for a phone while yours was away? Go without or what? Should I pick up a dumb phone too when I buy my Pre Plus?
  15.    #35  
    just fedexd my pres to you and you should get them on monday! I am very excited for this! I don't know what the procedure is to plus a pre but are you able to use as much of the verizon hardware as possible...keyboard etc? It's basically a brand new and I would prefer to use as much of it as possible.
    thanks so much for offering this service at a fair price
  16.    #36  
    mj I also have a pixi so I will use my pixi until the procedure is over. I bet you can get a good pixi for cheap off craigslist. It's a great fun phone
    just fedexd my pres to you and you should get them on monday! I am very excited for this! I don't know what the procedure is to plus a pre but are you able to use as much of the verizon hardware as possible...keyboard etc? It's basically a brand new and I would prefer to use as much of it as possible.
    From what I understand, the only thing you'll be using from the standard Pre is the comm board which is swapped into the Pre Plus. So you'll have the Pre Plus hardware with a Pre comm board.

mj I also have a pixi so I will use my pixi until the procedure is over. I bet you can get a good pixi for cheap off craigslist. It's a great fun phone
    Yeah I had a Pixi before I got my Pre, and thinking I wouldn't ever need a spare phone I sold it too. I might have to snatch another one up to use while my swap is being done and then sell it later, at least that way I could stick with webOS during that time and could still use most of my apps.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I applied just now. I didn't see anywhere to add notes, but I get great rates through work for FedEx, so I'd be able to overnight the phones to you and include an overnight return label, would that be ok?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

- Kyle
    Yeah, i thought i missed the big news haha. And i would plus my Sprint Pre too, but the hardware is so unreliable. I dont want to have to plus another Pre in another month or so. My contract runs out in december, so month my warranty runs off.
    I completely understand. I PERSONALLY find the Pre Plus hardware a LOT more reliable than my Minus. I don't know if I mentioned here before, but as soon as I know for sure (and have some exprience) webOS World will be offering a "2 your Plus/Minus Pre" service as well. Those who have already utilized our Plussing service will receive a "severe" discount for the 2-ing service. . That's the plan so far.

Awesome! I'll get the work started as soon as I receive your phones! Thanks. No problem on offering the service at a fair price. I just wanted to give back to the webOS community as much as it has given to me. I also found it extremely lame that Sprint doesn't keep up with Palm as much as I had hoped. No Plus, No 2, thanks a bunch Sprint. I switched over from AT&T to Sprint just for the Pre, even though where I work has fantastic AT&T coverage and less than mediocre Sprint coverage, and this is the thanks I get? I figured more people were as upset with Sprint's treatment of Palm as I was, and I wanted to make them feel less cheated. As for the hardware part, mjkjr hit the procedure right on the head:

Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    From what I understand, the only thing you'll be using from the standard Pre is the comm board which is swapped into the Pre Plus. So you'll have the Pre Plus hardware with a Pre comm board.
    That's right. I'd say almost 90% of the total hardware, and 100% of the hardware the user actually see's/interacts with is the newer hardware. Only the tiny little comm board from inside the Pres is replaced. You'd essentially be using the Pre Plus. That's why I mention in the rules/regulations that the user PLEASE try to find a really good condition Plus phone.

As a side note, I'm working on learning how to take apart (and hopefully put back together) the entire phone. This will allow me to take a damaged Pre Plus and "use its innards" to originally Plus a Sprint Pre while using the Sprint Pre's body. This would offer more choices for someone who wants to Plus their Pre, but doesn't want to spend a lot of money buying a good condition Pre Plus itself.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirte View Post
    I applied just now. I didn't see anywhere to add notes, but I get great rates through work for FedEx, so I'd be able to overnight the phones to you and include an overnight return label, would that be ok?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

- Kyle
    I had considered adding a notes section. Never got around to it. I think I'll do that. Thanks for the suggestion. I got your application. I'm working on it now. You should be receiving a reply email soon.

As for the FedEx overnight stuff with a return label, that would be awesome! You can get a discount for the shipping cost we ask for then. As in, we won't ask you for a return shipping cost. haha. As soon as you receive the email that gives you details on address and payment method, etc., you can send the phone over to us!

Thanks!
    Well, nobody yet. But the same guy who's providing people with Sprint Pre Pluses will VERY LIKELY also be able to provide us with Sprint Pre 2s as well.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast