1.    #1  
    I received my Pre Plus back from Palm repair this morning, checked the serial number and it is my original Pre and the ear piece is working fine. No more static on the line! I can chill now and work on getting my preware and patches back on! Happy Dancing today!

UPDATE!

I am no longer happy dancing. Everything works on my phone now but bluetooth, which worked perfect before. Now it disconnects if I step 4 ft away from the phone and it's all crackly sounding. I have 2 bluetooths and both are the same way. I stream music while i'm at work via the bluetooth headset. I am so disappointed. I don't know whether to call Verizon and insist on a new phone or try to send it back to Palm and hope again to get the same phone back.
    Last edited by joliejolie0930; 11/04/2010 at 12:56 PM.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    That is great news, Jolie!!
    Yay!! I'm sure you ARE doing the happy dance today with that news
    Great news! Welcome back to the Pre Happy Dance Conga Line!
    pre pre pre pre pre palm - pre pre pre pre pre palm - pre pre pre pre pre palm - pre pre pre pre pre palm...
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    wow, people normaly just post complaints.
    sweet
    yay!
    woot woot
    ...toot toot > got a spanking new one a couple days ago. Woot woot. Palm we love ya.

[i]--post using my palm pre
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Palm does an excellent job.

I sent mine back to Palm because the power button failed. They fixed that and they replaced the missing USB cover which had fallen off.

I had several scratches on the phone from normal wear and tear. They somehow removed them.

The phone they sent back was the phone I sent them, but I could not visually tell it from a brand new phone.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    Palm does an excellent job.

I sent mine back to Palm because the power button failed. They fixed that and they replaced the missing USB cover which had fallen off.

I had several scratches on the phone from normal wear and tear. They somehow removed them.

The phone they sent back was the phone I sent them, but I could not visually tell it from a brand new phone.
    Isn't that the best how they do that? My mirror had some scratches I think from the slide and it's all nice and shiny. I wish they had an email where I could write a nice note but couldn't find one. I'm really impressed by their service.
    Jolie

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    This is very good news. I just sent my Pre- in for repair, and it should arrive at Palm repair this Friday. How long did it take from when they received your Pre to when you got it back from them? Eagerly awaiting my Pre back and stronger than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    Isn't that the best how they do that? My mirror had some scratches I think from the slide and it's all nice and shiny. I wish they had an email where I could write a nice note but couldn't find one. I'm really impressed by their service.
    All the support techs I talked to on chat were very nice. Maybe you could contact Palm chat support, give them your SRO number, and tell them you were very pleased with the job they did.
    Last edited by rsanchez1; 11/03/2010 at 10:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    This is very good news. I just sent my Pre- in for repair, and it should arrive at Palm repair this Friday. How long did it take from when they received your Pre to when you got it back from them? Eagerly awaiting my Pre back and stronger than ever.

All the support techs I talked to on chat were very nice. Maybe you could contact Palm chat support, give them your SRO number, and tell them you were very pleased with the job they did.

That would work. I've chatted with palm support on a few times and they are nice people.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post

My phone arrived there on Thursday afternoon and went into "in repair" status and they shipped it Fed Ex 6:30pm Monday which I'm sure meant packaged and put into the system and probably picked up Tuesday and delivered Wednesday as it was shipped overnight. Very fast turnaround!

I will contact them through chat to let them know. I'm very very pleased. I dealt with them through phone calls and on the phone the 3 reps I talked to were awesome!
    Jolie

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    You people astound me. I personally prefer not to have to send in my phone at all

I'm glad you're all very excited that the designer of a product actually managed to fix something they designed, and should have never had to have been fixed in the first place.
    <sarcasm>Yeah, because every single phone manufactured by any manufacturer comes out perfect and free of defects, except those that manufactured the Pre.</sarcasm>

Anyone who's had any phone through the lifetime of the phone without experiencing any problems should consider themselves lucky. We're just excited that when the unfortunate happens to us, customer support is very good about getting things up and working as soon as possible, troll!