Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I just inherited a second battery for my Pre+ [[after my daughter totally annihilated her Pre+ by "dropping it on carpet". It had been dropped and damaged several times before, but still functioned well. It apparently was the simple accidental drop onto a carpeted floor at a friend's house that broke it apart]]...

So anyway, I still had my old Palm Centro in a drawer at work, so I wiped it clean and gave that to her to use. I also had a rubberized Centro sleeve that she was ORDERED to keep on the phone. She bought a case for her Pre+, but took it off because it hindered her ability to put the phone into her pocket. :::great investment THERE!!!::: (Side question - anyone know why a Centro on Verizon switched over to her number will allow her to send and receive texts and initiate voice calls, but not receive voice calls? All efforts to call her seem to go straight to her voice mail, but everything else works fine with her line on the transferred Centro phone)...

Sorry for the spider-ing post with back story and other questions...

So in exchange for the Centro I took her Pre+ battery as a spare. Her phone being much newer than mine, I figured her battery might also be in better shape. So with two batteries now, I am wondering what advice others with multiple batteries can offer. I assume the only way to charge either battery is to pop out the existing one and charge it through the phone. If I fully re-charge the spare battery and remove it to my pocket or wherever without leaving it in the phone itself, how long might I expect it to retain its power? (I understand that might vary based on the battery's relative condition). So if I charge one battery today to 100% and save it for a 'rainy day', and then use the other battery for everyday use and charging, will the spare battery still have 'emergency power' in a month from now? Or is it a situation where I should swap out the "active" and "spare" batteries on a regular basis? With a touchstone in my house, office, AND car, I am not often faced with a dead battery, but there are occasions when I forget to charge it and it runs out when I could really use it.

Any advice on effectively using my second battery? (And any advice for a daughter - she's 19 - who can't seem to take care of any phone longer than two months, but it's never because she is mistreating the phone - it is always a friend trying to take it from her or a seemingly harmless drop onto a carpeted floor)
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Thanks. I did two searches before starting the new thread, but didn't find anything relevant. I guess I need to work on my search language/terms somehow.
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    I didn't meant it that way. We all know the search in the forum is not "optimal". I just rembered that thread
    get an external charger. Also, if the pjone is plugged in to the usb charger you can usually swap bateries without it restarting the phone.
    Gonna ditto Cantaffordit you can buy an external charger for minimal costs. That was the best thing about my Samsung Instinct was it came with a 2nd battery and external charger.
    I do the same thing the Op suggests with extra batteries. I have two OEM Pre batteries and two other OEM Treo/Centro batteries from my previous phone(s).

They work/charge interchangeably and seem to keep charges for extended periods of time, even though the centro/treo batteries are much older.

I know Palm issued all kinds of warnings about older batteries, but I have experienced no troubles. As an aside, I already use the Govnah/Uberkernal patches, so the threat of a voided warranty falls on my deaf ears.