Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I use email and calendar on my iPhone as much as I do on my laptop.

I will be switching to Pre shortly.

How does Pre work for you as a business phone?

Even after a year using Iphone, I still think that Blackberry is much better as a pure business device.

How does Pre stack up in this area?

Thanks.
    Its ok, but there are two patches that make the calendar and email app awesome:

Email MegaMix and
    Ubercalendar

I highly suggest you install Preware and then these two patches.

They wont void your warranty and you will have a LOT more features in the email and calendar app.
    I use mine for business and it works very well except for the battery life. I have it synced up with my google account for contacts, email, calender, and notes. Everything works flawlessly and effortlessly. See how the battery works for you though, thats a big one, and the keyboard does take some time to get used to.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    The Pre is an excellent Business Phone. It handles Outlook integration seamlessly, manages your different email and contact accounts really well, especially contacts that are in multiple locations. One thing that is very important to me is being able to turn off my business email account on weekends (when I do not want to see it or have it disturb me) while allowing my personal account to continue to update. This is a feature that is missing from Blackberry.
    Use mine for business and it works wonderfully. Since I invested in a new battery the phone has become fantastic. Although the phone now is thicker, it becomes much easier to handle and type. I love my Pre.
    I use my Pre Plus for business, side business and personal accounts with 5 email accounts and 4 calendars, two of which are synced through gmail. I like the way each account is color coded and my contacts are all together in one list. I can do a global search on company or name and get all the information I need with just a few key strokes.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    never used an iphone for business..but I'm a physician, and many people around me use an iphone...their biggest complaint is the battery life and not being able to charge.

a BIG advantage of the pre, along with android and blackberries, is that you can change batteries or buy larger capacity batteries.

it takes the pre a long time to boot up, which I think is similar to the blackberries. However, this process theoretically improves with webOS 2.0
    I use my Pre for work all the time - syncs great with our Exchange server, (except for memos, but I think the Pre memo app is pretty useless anyway. Install ClassicNote)

One problem with the Pre is that it doesn't have any way to edit Office documents. It has a viewer, and supposedly QuickOffice is coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by gluz View Post
    I use email and calendar on my iPhone as much as I do on my laptop.

I will be switching to Pre shortly.

How does Pre work for you as a business phone?

Even after a year using Iphone, I still think that Blackberry is much better as a pure business device.

How does Pre stack up in this area?

Thanks.

Palm has a page dedicated to how the phone fits into a business environment:

Palm USA | Palm webOS Phones for Business | Get more done.

HTH.
    : (){:|:&};:
    depending on whether or not your company knows that webos doesn't support hard PINS you may be out of luck:
    Re: WebOS Not Enforcing Exchange Hard PIN's, when ... - Page 2 - Palm Support Community
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    One issue that I have with Calendar is that I don't have the ability to schedule a meeting in Outlook and invite attendees from from Pre Plus. I would like this to be an enhancement in future releases.
    Touchstone is the answer to some for battery charging.

$15 for the Touchstone is a steal!

I think you'll have to click "browse bundles" on the bottom right and then select the Pre and you'll find it.

Set Your Location

Curtis
    It's actually designed partially to be a small business phone.
    I agree - that's the one big issue for me. I love scheduling a next meeting while still in the conference room, then finding it already in my desktop Outlook calendar when I get back to my office. I'd love it even more if other atendees and resources were already invited/booked.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    One issue that I have with Calendar is that I don't have the ability to schedule a meeting in Outlook and invite attendees from from Pre Plus. I would like this to be an enhancement in future releases.