Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is an ap that will reject text message from a contact so you don't have to see them? I love the call rejection ap now if I can find one for text messages.
    What carrier are you on? With Sprint you can easily block any number from texting your phone.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    I do have sprint !! how do i get that feature !!!
  4.    #4  
    got it thanks
    Aside from the online account, sending the message block followed by the phone number to shortcode 9999 also does it.
    Last edited by verwon; 11/03/2010 at 11:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasantillan View Post
    I do have sprint !! how do i get that feature !!!
    as verwon states:

to block:

text: 9999

block XXXXXXXXXX (all digits only) - all 10

and to unblock:

allow XXXXXXXXXX (all digits only) - all 10
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    as verwon states:

to block:

and to unblock:

This is very, very, very good to know!
    You can also unblock using the word unblock, followed by the number, it's sometimes easier to remember.
    Hey Vernon I'm doing a special SHOUT OUT to you for thanks because of your directions (which Verizon never told us about) we finally blocked a stalker from texting. Now if there was just a simple way to block the phone calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    as verwon states:

to block:

and to unblock:

I see the OP asked about Sprint but does this work on all carriers? Verizon & AT&T?

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

garnet, I believe that is just Verizon but not 100% sure on that. Sprint you can go into your account and block the number.

Not sure about AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Hey Vernon I'm doing a special SHOUT OUT to you for thanks because of your directions (which Verizon never told us about) we finally blocked a stalker from texting. Now if there was just a simple way to block the phone calls.
    Very welcome! I am glad to finally give you a solution. I found out about this due to a similar problem.

And for others asking, I'm on Sprint and it does work!
    Matter of fact, it was a Sprint tech that told me about it, when their site was down and I couldn't block via the online server.
    verwon, We did it as a test with our prepaid cell phone and on the other end all the person gets is that it can't go through. It just tries to send it for about 3 minutes then the message goes back to that person. Just some unneeded FYI. LOL
    verwon, We did it as a test with our prepaid cell phone and on the other end all the person gets is that it can't go through. It just tries to send it for about 3 minutes then the message goes back to that person. Just some unneeded FYI. LOL
    Cool! I had someone ask me about it, once. He said: I'm getting the things back to my phone that look like you blocked me.

I said: If you didn't want blocked, you shouldn't have been texting me stupid at 3am!
    LOL that's what pizzes me off too. However husband and I have a stalker and this person is blocked that way because he can't get his online Verizon to take her number.
    LOL that's what pizzes me off too. However husband and I have a stalker and this person is blocked that way because he can't get his online Verizon to take her number.
    Mine is someone I've known since we were both 14 and he apparently thought that when we both ended up divorced, I'd suddenly be interested in him. When I made it clear that, even after 24 years, my interest in him still did not exist, he went off his rocker!
    I think maybe he and my stalker should get together.
    I think maybe he and my stalker should get together.
    Only if they fall in love, run away together and leave us the hell alone!
    Ditto that one!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast