1.    #1  
    hi,

i started to use hombrew this evening. everything went fine until i installed the last patch (problem is i donīt know wich it was...).

after restarting my pre i tried to open the launcher. but then just a grey display popped up with the following word standing on in: " template load failed: launcher/launcher-scene.html "

everything else works perfectly! i uninstalled all patches and rebooted again, but nothing changed...

dont want to run webOSdoktor because of all the contacts which would be lost... never saved them anywhere else then the phone... (stupid, i know)

sorry for my bad english folks, but i need your help!!! i badly need a solution for this problem!!!

i donīt want to manually tip in over 160 contacts (again!!!)

please help me guys!!

thanks for helping answers
    Quote Originally Posted by eichelkopp View Post
    hi,

i started to use hombrew this evening. everything went fine until i installed the last patch (problem is i donīt know wich it was...).

after restarting my pre i tried to open the launcher. but then just a grey display popped up with the following word standing on in: " template load failed: launcher/launcher-scene.html "

everything else works perfectly! i uninstalled all patches and rebooted again, but nothing changed...

dont want to run webOSdoktor because of all the contacts which would be lost... never saved them anywhere else then the phone... (stupid, i know)

sorry for my bad english folks, but i need your help!!! i badly need a solution for this problem!!!

i donīt want to manually tip in over 160 contacts (again!!!)

please help me guys!!

thanks for helping answers
    Run webos repair utility.. It in canuck coding forum

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  3.    #3  
    used it, but then a window:

" ERROR: The connected device is of a webOS version not supported by WebOSRepairUtility "

i could start

although thanks for the answer!
    If you have a Palm Profile set up, then your contacts should be automatically saved to it, every 24 hours and you'll get them back when you log back into your profile.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by eichelkopp View Post
    used it, but then a window:

" ERROR: The connected device is of a webOS version not supported by WebOSRepairUtility "

i could start

although thanks for the answer!
    What WebOS version are you using?

If it's not 1.4.5 and the patch you installed was intended to work with it, that could have caused the problem.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #6  
    itīs version 1.40.50

tried to us the webOS doctor now, but my device is not even compatibily with that
  7.    #7  
    problem solved!!!

just had to change webOs doctor to pre umts europe...

so simple...

after changing the doctor the repair utility worked!! thanks alot!!!