1.    #1  
    this maybe a thread or maybe not..sorry if it is.

I just got a Palm Pre 2 days ago and i must say off the bat i really like this phone..only other phone ive loved besides iPhone.

that being said...

i've had some difficulties..2 that have been beyond my understanding being a first time palm and webOS user. When i search for the Classic palmOS app in the app catalog..the whole thing flashes and goes wonky then says theres an error. I've rebooted..both full and luna and no fix. Also its been an odyssey to copy/paste. i cant copy/ paste outside of the text app. If this is all there is in current 1.4.5 webOS..thats fine, but ive read i should be able to copy/paste anywhere. So please get back to me asap cause i don't want to hafta return this if theres some simple answers. I'm still not a 100% converted..only 75% lol

write back asap. thanks a lot to anyone willing to help
    Quote Originally Posted by techgeekx View Post

I just got a Palm Pre 2 days ago and i must say off the bat i really like this phone..only other phone ive loved besides iPhone.

that being said...

i've had some difficulties..2 that have been beyond my understanding being a first time palm and webOS user. When i search for the Classic palmOS app in the app catalog..the whole thing flashes and goes wonky then says theres an error. I've rebooted..both full and luna and no fix. Also its been an odyssey to copy/paste. i cant copy/ paste outside of the text app. If this is all there is in current 1.4.5 webOS..thats fine, but ive read i should be able to copy/paste anywhere. So please get back to me asap cause i don't want to hafta return this if theres some simple answers. I'm still not a 100% converted..only 75% lol

To copy and paste text, hold the up arrow on the keyboard and either swype acroos the text you want to copy or hold the arrow and tap on the word/line/paragraph you want copied. The text should now have been highlighted yellow, now all you need to do is tap and hold the gesture area (the black area at the bottom of the phone next to the led) and tap C on the keyboard. You should then get a notification to say its copied to clipboard.
    To paste the text in any text field, just hold gesture are and tap v.

Pip
    Classic is no longer available for webOS. It only works on 1.4.5 and below.
    Classic is no longer supported by the developer (Motion Apps) and was never worth the $30.00 they were asking for it.

On Copy and Paste – you have several options. My favorite is to use the Alt (up arrow) to highlight the text then use the upper left menu and select edit/copy this will place the text in the buffer. I than switch apps and use the upper left menu again to paste. You may also copy links and pictures from web pages by using the function (orange or gray key) and tapping the object then follow the menus

Welcome to the P|C forums and webOS – Hope you will be happy here!!!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by techgeekx View Post

that being said...

Copy & Paste does not work across platforms. If you are using Classic, you can copy and paste in a Classic App to another Classic app, but not from WebOS to a Classic app. In addition, copy & paste in Classic works like the old PalmOS copy & paste. Within your document select your text, then go to your menu to copy and paste or click menu & C for copy or menu & P for paste.