1.    #1  
    I just bought a Pre off eBay and I think I probably got sold a broken phone. I wanted to do what I could to make it work though.

When I get the phone on, it hits the Palm logo then clouds with a spinning circle. Eventually, it says "Phone Error. Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved. Visit palm.com/support/ for help." This screen is trying to do something as it refreshes itself every 30 seconds or so. But it always fails.

I've run WebOSDoctor several times after putting the phone in "flash" mode using the volumn up thing. Otherwise I don't know what else to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions on reviving this phone? If I can't make it work I guess I'll try to get my money back through eBay buyer protection, but that's a hassle.

Thanks!
    What model? CDMA (sprint?) or GSM?
    plug the phone in the charger...

if its a sprint pre it may have been overclocked

i had a similiar experiance with sr-71 kernel so... by plugging the phone in it keeps the 500mhz of the stock kernel running.

also you may want to create a meta doctor... to bypass the first use app to sede if you can get the phone working
  4.    #4  
    Sprint (CDMA).

I have the phone on charger already, but it isn't a Palm charger. It's a wall wart->USB adapter from an HTC Touch Pro 2. I don't know if that will make a difference. The auction didn't come with a Palm charger.

I'll look up how to do the MetaDoctor thing and get back to you all. Thanks.
    One of my many Sprint Pres did that. I took it into the store, and they just gave me a new one. I know you cant do that, but as far as I know, nothing makes it work again. I talked to Palm customer support for an hour, and they had no fix.
    Admiration is the furthest emotion away from understanding.

Lou Holtz loves slurpies!
  6.    #6  
    So with Metadoctor I've got the phone coming up. Maybe it has to do with the phone not being active on Sprint yet? I didn't want to move my service to the phone until I knew I wasn't going to send it back. All I did was BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP. Maybe there is hope yet for this phone.

Thanks for the help.
    can you help me fix this problem? I took the phone into the sprint store today, and they told me that it was all taken care of. That I should just let it do its thing, then it would reboot, then I would be able to get the service turned on, phone number assigned, ect. However, that isn't what happened. It didn't even get to the part where it reboots. Now there is an error message that says "your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved." And the screen keeps blinking. One blink every 1 - 2 minutes. The message also gave me the address for your site to go to for help.
    Oh! It is also locked up. I can't get it to close out the page that shows the error message.
    The tech at the sprint store also put a new battery in it for me.
    Please help! I was given this simple task by my boss and it has turned into a nightmare for me.
    Oh! It is also locked up. I can't get it to close out the page that shows the error message.
    The tech at the sprint store also put a new battery in it for me.
    Please help! I was given this simple task by my boss and it has turned into a nightmare for me.