Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    roughly?
  2.    #2  
    cross your heart and hope to die?
    New Pre2 webOS 2.0 GSM phones are shipping now in France and UK tomorrow. As for a roll-out to existing hardware....unknown. Presumably between now and January.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    8th December was the date quoted on the front page article I thought
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    For the UK yes, but that's not been confirmed yet.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    For the UK yes, but that's not been confirmed yet.
    this was supposed to apply to Phones still locked to O2 or unlocked O2 phones or both?
    Both. I believe the current rumour is start of December for O2 UK customers.
    is there anyone here with an unlocked pre or plus? Shouldn't the unlocked phones have 2.0.x already if that means carrier isn't in the way?
    All depends on whether Palm have pushed the update to non Pre 2 devices yet, which given we've not heard I'm assuming is no.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    is there anyone here with an unlocked pre or plus? Shouldn't the unlocked phones have 2.0.x already if that means carrier isn't in the way?
    Yeah my Pre plus (O2 UK) is unlocked and in another country.

checked the updates yesterday. Not listed. We'll definitely see a ZOMG it's out thread once it gets out.
    palm should have made it so that updates don't have to go thrugh carriers, but probably lost that ability in contract wars.

unlocked phones, however, should have updates as soon as they are sent to carriers. 2.0 has been sent to carriers for review, and thay're just holding it up, right? We should get after palm on the facebook, twitter, and email about that. It would be good to get it in the hands of unlocked pre's and plus', but maybe we could also meta doctor that over to everyone else.

is it possible that palm could have also lost the ability to push updates to unlocked phones at the same time as carriers in ontracts also?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    Both. I believe the current rumour is start of December for O2 UK customers.
    What's the rumour now?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    probably some time after the Feb 9th announcements.
  14.    #14  
    From a rumour to a "probably" I guess it's a step forward..

In preparation, I've been looking for a thread where's precisely listed what must be removed (which patches if any, theme..) before updating to 2.0, if it'll ever come that is. Is there such a thread somewhere?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Coming soon.
    That might now be never :-(
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Exactly. This may just be a pipedream now as there will be no OTA updates to WebOS 2.x to phones older than the Pre2 and it's still unclear whether there will be a way to get 2.x via the WebOS Doctor as that would be entirely down to the carrier again.

I've just looked on the o2UK website and I don't see the Palm Pre/Pixi anywhere in sight. I think this means that the carrier has dropped the whole thing and it's unlikely that o2UK users will get past 1.4.5 now.
    Not going to happen. See WebOS Chat for the thread.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  19.    #19  
    b^st^rds
    this is really annoying but it would be awesome if I could even the veer at a discount (cause to me that sounds like what is going to happen)! Although I will personally join one of these mob if they don't say something before the end of march...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast