1.    #1  
    Hello,

My Palm pre should be with me tomorrow morning but there is one question that is bugging me.

Once the profile is created and my pre is activated can I use it with different cards without creating another profiles?

Basically, is the profile for phone or sim card?
    profile is the person
  3.    #3  
    Sorry but I do not understand ;/
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablotic View Post
    Hello,

My Palm pre should be with me tomorrow morning but there is one question that is bugging me.

Once the profile is created and my pre is activated can I use it with different cards without creating another profiles?

Basically, is the profile for phone or sim card?
    The profile is tied to the phone
  5.    #5  
    So once activated I can switch my sim cards and it should not ask for a activation again, right?
    Correct.

If it does, it's easy to activate it. Just reinput the email address and password.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for that.

Also another question: is it possible to reactivate with new email and password without knowing old details?
    You could do that, but you will lose all of your settings and all apps would have to be re downloaded.
    I'm pretty sure you can switch from any palm phone with the same Palm profile. But I think they all have to be activated with the same info or else you just start another profile, which makes you not have all your data from your other profile. But there may be a way. I just wouldn't chance it unless you know for sure or WANT to create a new profile.
    can I use it with different cards?
    If it's locked to a carrier, then obviously you can only use a SIM card from that carrier.
    So once activated I can switch my sim cards and it should not ask for a activation again, right?
    Yes, as long as...

1. The sim cards are from the same carrier that the phone is matched to.

Or

2. The phone is unlocked in which case it will work with any sim card from any GSM carrier

In either case, the phone (in my personal experience) does not reset or require a profile reload. It just pulls the new carrier information and has a new number.

You will only get into trouble if you try to load your current profile on two phones at the same time.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  12.    #12  
    I have got my phone now.

Yes, phone is unlocked.

Everything work fine, thanks for you help guys!