Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok so my kid just got an Ipod touch & I REALLY like it!! I keep debating on whether or not I should up grade my video ipod for one! But I keep throwing around the fact that my pre does most everything the ipod does. I haven't really put music on my pre, because I Like to have it separate, (i keep it on my ipod) But I LOOVVEE the face book app on the ipod touch! do you think pre will ever get one like that?? & I'm like its kind of silly to get the touch just for the fb app.. lol what does every one think??
    Palm has one of THE BEST facebook apps around, it does not offer chat, but you can fix that with a patch, AND chat will be integrated as part of webOS 2.0. So, you won't need the patch at all.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  3.    #3  
    you think so?? the ipod one seem more useful... pre doesn't have the places either.. & I have the chat patch
    I actually am getting a brand new pre today, my current one took a swim in a cup of soda the other night.. still works!! but the screen is a little water logged, so i just went ahead & ordered a new one, can't wait to get it!
    I find its interface much more pleasing then the ipod version. I do not use places, as I don't want people to know when my home is empty. Even friends... (best time to rob my house is when i am checked in at: _________ )

I find navigating thru the webOS version much easier as well. Oh, and having multiple cards open to look at different profiles/photos/pages is pretty sweet as well. Plus, stacks will really make the app rock!

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    I've never used the iphone version of facebook, but I'm pretty sure that in Engadget's review of the Pre 2 they said that the new Facebook 2.0 is the best version of facebook on any phone right now.
  6.    #6  
    so even if we don't have the pre 2 we will still be able to upgrade to 2.0 when it is available on our pre's right?
  7.    #7  
    & I hear you about places... I do use foursquare once in a while.. but my sis lives with us as well, so some one is usually at my house when I post that i am away..
    Quote Originally Posted by twinynumber2 View Post
    so even if we don't have the pre 2 we will still be able to upgrade to 2.0 when it is available on our pre's right?
    webOS 2.0 will be delivered to all webOS devices, the only difference will be the Pixi will not get Flash.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pre-family.html

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Apparently - according to everyone here - you're liking it wrong.
    liking what wrong? the pre fb app?
    Quote Originally Posted by twinynumber2 View Post
    Yeah we'll be able to update our phone's OS to 2.0 and download facebook 2.0.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    webOS 2.0 will be delivered to all webOS devices, the only difference will be the Pixi will not get Flash.
    caann't waaaaiitt!
    I sold my iPod Touch because my Pre does everything it did and better for me. It was a waste just letting it sit there and do nothing and when I did pick it up to use it I wanted to swipe like I do on the Pre...it just seemed harder to navigate after the Pre. I just helped my boss with her iTouch today and same thing. I wanted to swipe. LOL Hard to go back to the old way.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  13.    #13  
    yeah, everything has pros & cons.. & I can always play with my daughters!! hahaa! no need to have 2!
    Wow - I am really out of it! I didn't realize the iPod touch was a video phone, too.
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    Wait for WebOS 2.0 & FB 2.0 and if you don't like it you can always get the iPod Touch afterward
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I'm just commenting on how, people here will insist on telling you why you shouldn't like it that much compare to the Pre.
    I am not saying he should like it, go with whatever works for you, I am just stating the reason why I like it.

Take it or leave it...

17.    #17  
    I'm a girl.. haha! name is Steffi .. nice to meet everyone!
    Sorry, please take the "he" as a universal term and no reflection upon you

Welcome to our happy place!!

19.    #19  
    no worries
    well, I have the pre plus, the Itouch and an IPad. but I'll readily admit that I'm a tech ho. my favorite new gadget is the new Kindle.

I use the Itouch for music. The IPad is for my work, family calendars that sync to our Pres etc, work apps, etc.

I use the Pre+ as a phone, to check facebook, to read engadget, etc. the battery drain is too rapid for me to want to use it as a MP3 player.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast